Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in both modified hondas that i have owned, both transmissions made noises upon decelleration (spelling?)...but i never really determined what it was. i have a sneaking suspision that it is the input shaft bearing, or the pilot bearing. the tranny that i have in the 96 is an Si tranny, but i had the stock one in my sedan. both make the same weird noises. should i be worried about it? the transmissions both shift perfectly...

on a side note, a couple of my buddies have modded d series cars as well, and their trannys do the same thing, im beginning to think its somewhat normal

J

·
0 Posts
it a d-series tranny thing some bearing always goes bad like a ls tranny have 3rd gear grind i dunno but it sucks

·
Registered
231 Posts
98_4drCivic said:
in both modified hondas that i have owned, both transmissions made noises upon decelleration (spelling?)...but i never really determined what it was. i have a sneaking suspision that it is the input shaft bearing, or the pilot bearing. the tranny that i have in the 96 is an Si tranny, but i had the stock one in my sedan. both make the same weird noises. should i be worried about it? the transmissions both shift perfectly...

on a side note, a couple of my buddies have modded d series cars as well, and their trannys do the same thing, im beginning to think its somewhat normal
lol the other night one about a 40mile trip back home from a road trip in the middle of the night while it was snowing i heard the noise ur talking about. Is it kinda quiet like 2 piece of rough metal rubbing against each other but not very loud and does it when u give it some gas and then take ur foot off the gas real quick? I guess its normal since u hear it and i hear it and 2 of ur buds hear it.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,170 Posts
mrnicolas said:
mine makes great sounds at idle when your foot is off the clutch, then when you push in the clutch it goes away, gotta love that shit.

Now that's an ISB out of a honda for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts