Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the left two ports been compromise, too big? I dont have an exhaust gasket to check. Recently purchase this motor for a build ($500 with new rods, pistons, gasket and Si tranny). The kid lost interest with his build. This will be my first attempt at tearing down the motor. Might be some useable parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
why would you port the BEST FLOWING D-series engine. a clean up and exausht polish would all id do but wander what pat would say.

·
Registered
952 Posts
are you sure that is a DOHC ZC block? - i have never seen a DOHC block with serial number beginning with '7' - have seen lots of SOHC ZC VTEC blocks beginning with '7' - DOHC blocks that i am aware of are '2' for OBD0 engines and '3' for OBD1 engines, with '5' as the early 88-89 JDM Integra ZCs

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
idk but that head and valve cover screams dohc. and you cant mix sohc and dohc blocks/heads. dear god help you if that kid made a dohc head fit a sohc zc block.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
idk but that head and valve cover screams dohc. and you cant mix sohc and dohc blocks/heads. dear god help you if that kid made a dohc head fit a sohc zc block.
LoL..... Funny that u would say god. I wanted the motor early on Sunday morning but he said please come pick it up after I get out of church.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
the & on the block is just the serial number as long as the head mates to the block correctly. I'm currently putting my DOHC ZC together and my block is the same

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where r u located?

That head looks familiar.

Be sure the cylinders are clean

Remove head.
even the port job.
I'm stuck here in southern Colorado. Not much in the way of qualifying talents for this type of service. Even the local Honda deal manage botched my steering rack replacement. They hesitate to work on my car.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
damn. no bueno.

a porting kit should cost about 60-120. all you need is a die grinder and access to a compressed air tank for a few hours.

the main focus is evening out what you see than removing material. it doesnt look like they dug much into it, just the bottoms of the ports mostly.

chevk out a few threads on porting. may help u get it done solo :)

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hello. I'm having a hard time locating parts for my 93 honda civic si dohc.
Engine is a d16a9.
Please help.
My main search is for the crankshaft pulley.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts