Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
Has anyone used or know someone who has used chikara headers? I have a friend who said he would trade for my stock plus cash and was wondering if anyone know's where the power gains would be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
I have a chikara header and it rusted up pretty badly after a year but it works. I'm thinking of getting a ebay header next.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
i have one. i hate it. replacing it with an hf mani w/ turbo attached hahahaha

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
hahah chikara header=shit..

my friend had one on his dohc zc.. he lost power with it over his stock ported zc header that i ported with a dremel

·
Registered
857 Posts
I bought one for my friend, he told he got a small increase in performance, but the build/weld quality is plain horrible, as is the painted finnish that burns out after first startup. Then it'll rust out. IIRC flange holes were not too well aligned either.

I agree with others, stay away with that crap and get yourself stainless eBay header, you'll be much happier with it.

·
Registered
92 Civic HB
395 Posts
I say if you're going to go out and buy a header make it one worth your investment. Now maybe you're not trying to make a whole lot of power out of your car, which then I guess a ebay header will be fine. But if you're trying to build your motor, get a good header.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
i got a spare chikara header (no downpipe, but you can get one made for $20 at any exhaust shop), i'll seel it to you for $30 if you real want one that bad... if not, i suggest you go to k2motor.com or eGay. its the best you'll get for cheap but new headers.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
ya i actually think i lost power when i installed it

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh k, i take it as bad headers. Haha, thanks for the heads up before i made a move guys!

I also got a no brand intake, that i definitely felt the power increase. i dont care if its no brand, i got it for FREE!! :]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts