Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a est of stock replacement innovative mounts for my 1989 crx si with the d16a6. I wanted new mounts, and no front mount. They had it and Their reputation is very good.

Install on the sides was a breeze. The rear though....they accidentally sent a B series rear, which they promptly replaced at their cost and I shipped the wrong one back. Their tech support/customer service is top notch in my experience.

I drove the car today and am using the softest urethane they offer. Still a lot less engine movement, less wheel hop, and actually less dash rattle than i had with a solid front mount. I am definitely pleased with the parts and their service!

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
I have the same set and love them, HOWEVER after 3 years of abuse my rear mount has actually stretched where the rear sleeve goes through, and causes back and forth rocking when on and off the gas. Contacted innovative and they're willing to replace the insert I just need to send them the mount. Just something to keep an eye out for.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same set and love them, HOWEVER after 3 years of abuse my rear mount has actually stretched where the rear sleeve goes through, and causes back and forth rocking when on and off the gas. Contacted innovative and they're willing to replace the insert I just need to send them the mount. Just something to keep an eye out for.
Awesome!
I was really impressed with their service over the phone. I was honestly skeptical of the steel mounts but not willing to do billet. I had torn a rear HCP mount in half years ago...

I can really say that these mounts reduce wheel hop, and adding the new final drive my crappy tires just want to spin!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I love their mounts, but you should really go for the 75A durometer. Im not sure what the issue is but the 60A has issues with cold flowing.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love their mounts, but you should really go for the 75A durometer. Im not sure what the issue is but the 60A has issues with cold flowing.
I will see when the time comes. This is a car I have put a lot of road miles on, so expect that there will be wear and tear and want a little bit of comfort...

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I've had their mounts in all of my Hondas except for my S2K and CRV.

Just bought a set of replacement mounts for my RT4WD wagon and a competition traction bar.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
3 years of hard abuse on my mounts, traction bars and shift linkage from them. No cold flow issues with mine(95 or 98 durometer, don't remember).

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
First day. (Auto to manual mount)
Did you call or email them? They have great customer service. I received the wrong mount in my set originally, they sent the right one immediately.

·
Registered
Civic/4Runner
137 Posts
Ive got thier mounts for my ek, the rear mount seems like it isnt correct. Ill have to snap a photo and send them an email.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Did you call or email them? They have great customer service. I received the wrong mount in my set originally, they sent the right one immediately.
This is why I loath forums from the manufacturing side. It is so easy to bitch and it really does nothing and it can't be taken back.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
ive got the RT4WD set in 95A and the 85A full set in my s2k Motor/Trans/Diff and really like them. the front mount on the wagon didnt fit with the replacement crossmember though. ive had an issue with a mount welded backwards, their customer service was ok on resolving the issue, could have done better but it was replaced in a week or so.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few months on the road makes me wish I had gone at least with the 75a bushings, the 60a look great and idle great, but with a new clutch i was having a lot of engine movement, i can see the IACV to firewall contact marks. I put my stock front mount with Prothane insert back in and it feels great so far, and it actually vibrates LESS than with the stock mounts. Still happy, but wold have been happier with stiffer rear mount.

·
Registered
92dx-turbo 92cx-pimp
89 Posts
First day. (Auto to manual mount)
my 93 dx is auto to manual, i need one of those mounts yet where did you buy it and how much? all i can ever find are the shitty aluminum ebay ones. are they the same as the b-series? i have every other mount mounted on the car just no trans top mount

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
type innovative civic auto manual into ebay, it pops up.

They simply are not as plentiful these days, as most of their sales have probably been 5-10 years ago.

their website will have the part number, you can search that part number on ebay and see if you can get a better price

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used the 75 on my 91 hatch with the innovative crossmember and front engine mount, worked awesome! Very minimal engine movement. Ran 11s in the 1/4 with them, no dyno numbers though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a set in good condition still. Shoot me a pm if I cant get them to work on my other car I will sell them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts