Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well time has come to wire in my inline fuel pump.
i have a Bosch 044 inline and also a walboro intake 255.
i honestly have no clue on how to wire it in. ive looked online for something. only found stuff thats close but still confusing for me.
see if i can explain this.
pump has two wires.
1. ground (this ones obv)
2. power. the power goes to a relay.

the power wire goes in and 3 wires come out of the relay.
now one of the wires should be the power but where do the other 2 go?

this was installed in another civic 2 years ago. and i didnt take it out so idk how it was setup.
one the the wires off the relay look to be a ground since its short and the end on it to be bolted to the frame or whatever bolt it close.

all in all im lost. someone help me please haha

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pics of what i have

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use a multimeter for 30 seconds and figure out which is 12v and ground. Use this to trigger a relay that gets it's power right from battery.
where does the 3rd wire go?
and il take it to work use a multimeter on there. thanks for that advice i feel like a tard for not thinking that myself

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
On the relay, one should go to the pump, one to ground, one has power coming into the relay from the batt, and one a switched 12 volt to activate (close the eloctro-magnetic switch in the relay) the relay. I dont remeber which goes where on the relay, but it should have a diagram on the side. Gl

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I had an inline installed once...
ground, 12+ power, and ran the 3rd wire to the wire on the replay that turned on when the intank fuel pump kicked on.
done a google search a while back to figure out which one it was.. been about 2-3 years ago.. was a light brown wire I believe...

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
red wire= 12 volts from battery

white wire=ground

yellow wire=to pump

black wire=trigger source (maybe 12 volt switch source)

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
red wire= 12 volts from battery

white wire=ground

yellow wire=to pump

black wire=trigger source (maybe 12 volt switch source)

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
your the man
thankyou!

now can i use the intank pumps wiring for the trigger source for this one? im guessing yes but i wanted to ask first

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
id suggest ditching that relay and getting a good, high amperage relay. preferably not made in china...
could you give me a suggestion on which relay? idk where or what kind of relays i would need to get

·
Registered
983 Posts
You should have it setup not to run all the time only when you say get above 10psi and a hobb switch or thru the ecu can be set as tps % or rpm so the fuel is not heated up or drawing extra power and it can last longer.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if he is running a walbro in tank and a bosch inline i hope its a "race" car. otherwise the walbro would likely be plenty.
yes it will be a track car. running e85 for fuel. with 1600cc injectors.
maybe a little overkill. but for the power im wanting i doubt a intank 255 would do it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts