Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Aeromotive regulator, it has two inlet/outlet ports and a return port. Which is a better place to install it: the driver's side of the fuel rail (I have an AEM rail) to the regulator and block-off the outlet, then hook up the return line. Or inline between the fuel filter and fuel rail (inlet in, outlet to rail), with return hooked up.

Seems like having it between the filter and rail would be a restriction, but having it connected to the end is just like the stock regulator where it controls pressure by letting fuel flow out the rail.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems like having it between the filter and rail would be a restriction, but having it connected to the end is just like the stock regulator where it controls pressure by letting fuel flow out the rail.
Dude you just answered your own question. The whole purpose of the regulator is to regulate and maintain the pressure at the injectors, not the pressure in the filter.

After the rail bud.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen it both ways, and works both ways but it seems better to me to have it at the rail. Since there is an inlet and outlet the fuel will flow through and the pressure at the rail will be the same at the line right before, so the bypass is there to regulate pressure the same way. I only mention this because I've seen it done this way more often than at the rail outlet. Here is an example of what I mean:

·
Registered
476 Posts
^^^ That's a K series, is it not? And isn't the fuel system on those returnless? If so you would have to put the regulator on the feed before the rail with that engine.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ That's a K series, is it not? And isn't the fuel system on those returnless? If so you would have to put the regulator on the feed before the rail with that engine.
Yes you are correct, but I've seen that way on return style engines also. I will just go with it after the rail like I originally thought, seems a little easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts