Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased an Injen CAI for my 97 Civic EX. The bending jig they use
to make these left two nasty dents in the air tube. So I contact thmotorsports.com
to ask for an exchange. Injen gives them some BS about this being normal and
is from the welding process. Thmotorsports won't go to bat for you. Avoid them.

I contact Injen and send them photos. They agree it's a defect and ask for my credit card info via fax so I can get an advance replacement. After I fax my info they 180 and go back to their "it's normal from the welds" BS. I remind them these intakes are not welded but bent in a mandrel jig. They are like "we don't know why we said welds, we meant bending".

It's all very shady. And more importantly, the dents effect airflow and look like crap.

Anyone else experience this defect?

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Might have lost half a horsepower maybe even a whole one with those bends geez

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
$225. should get better than this crap. What alternatives do you recommend?
You could have I/h/e from eBay for that much. Idk what to do with your injen maybe sell it on Cl if it bothers you that much

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
$225 for that shit? you should have bought one from go-autoworks for less, gotten a better unit and better customer service.
quoted for truth. 225 is a lot of cash for a name. its the Louis vuitton or Gucci of car parts

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Wow, AEM then? I was thinking about doing the Injen when the time came to do this to my car, having 2nd thoughts...cool thing about AEM is I get them dirt cheap, I think my friend told me $90 for the short ram, forget what he said for the cold air

Sorry to hear about you getting boned on what I deem a high end purchase...

·
Registered
98 hatch
73 Posts
That's an expensive TUNED pipe. Try the freezing water trick? you'll need a good size freezer, fill it with water so the bend is below the water line stick it in the freezer overnight. I was surprised it actually took a lot of the damage out of my 4-1 header. but if not it's not like that bend is going to hurt your performance, and I bet once its on the car it'll difficult to notice without looking for it.. It just sticks out like a sore thumb right now because the house lights are making it obvious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quoted for truth. 225 is a lot of cash for a name. its the Louis vuitton or Gucci of car parts
I hear ya. I live in Cali, so it's really about the CARB sticker and I had heard good things about Injen. The only real advantages I can see are the welded in fittings and I've heard the fitment is good.

Looks like I'll be going with DC Sports if they don't sort this. They are quite a bit less and have a CARB sticker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bet once its on the car it'll difficult to notice without looking for it.. It just sticks out like a sore thumb right now because the house lights are making it obvious.
It actually sticks out like a sore thumb as it's a mirror polish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, AEM then? I was thinking about doing the Injen when the time came to do this to my car, having 2nd thoughts...cool thing about AEM is I get them dirt cheap, I think my friend told me $90 for the short ram, forget what he said for the cold air

Sorry to hear about you getting boned on what I deem a high end purchase...
Thanks, man. I would go AEM or DC Sports if I could do it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts