Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will d16z6 injectors work with obd0 ecu?
im doing a mpfi swap on a d15b2 and got a intake off a d16z
and got wiring for a hf crx to put in will the HF injectors work better?

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will crx hf injectors work good?
even just to get running

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any info will be helpfull.thank you

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm using a set of injectors of of a 2000 model D16y7 and they are working for me!! The only difference is that the don't require a resistor box. They hookup directly to the ECU. I swapped the D16y7 into my 1989 Hatch and it runs well like this.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
I'm using a set of injectors of of a 2000 model D16y7 and they are working for me!! The only difference is that the don't require a resistor box. They hookup directly to the ECU. I swapped the D16y7 into my 1989 Hatch and it runs well like this.
what ecu are you running? if obd0, its impossible for that to work

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm running a PS9 (OBD 0) that I modified to use with my standard vehicle. You are correct in that OBD O ECU for a DPFI system won't work at all. But a OBD O ECU from a vehicle with MPFI works fine with the new style injectors. The only difference between the two types of injectors is the impedence. Now if I tried to use the injectors that came in a ealier model (1989) without the resistor box it would burn up the injectors, quick!!

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
yea and also peak & hold vs saturated. never seen it done. post up pics of the work if you dont mind

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have any pic's of the swap. It's not really anything to look at anyway. It's a 1989 3dr hatch with 250,000 miles on it. I only payed $100 for it and the D16Y7 motor that I found for it came out of a 2000 model civic that was wrecked in 2001. It only had 18,000 miles on it. At some point it had got some moisture in the cylinders and had the rings stuck. I was able to get it for $125. It's not much, but it's fun to drive and really dependable. I really enjoy it. I am hoping to put a 5 speed I found in a 1990 si in it before long. I am trying to see how high I can get the MPG to go. So far as it sits I'm getting 42-45 MPG and with the 5 speed I am hoping to get closer to 50 MPG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts