Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to order a set of 310cc injectors just thought i would see what everyone else was running and will this help out any?

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
are you using them for the mods you have stated in your other thread?? if so yeah they will work, are you planning on any kind of tuning??

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
not really...n/a cars can benefit from larger injectors too...especially if they are built :TU:

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
if you do get the injectors...please prepare for chipping your ecu...after you get your head built, it will flow alot better...with the injectors it might richen up your fuel...so tuning is where you control that.

www.pgmfi.org <<--- AWESOME SITE

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
did you not read his other thread...guess not

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Unless your going turbo they are a waste of money!!!
all i have is i/h/e/ and a cam... my shit was running at 90% i believe when i datalogged when tuning.....
anything more... or revving higher.. im going to need to upgrade....
310s should be more than enough for any build... but you could always just pick up dsm 390's or 450's for cheap

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
i was looking in getting a set of 310cc injectors for my N/A setup. but i'm pnp my head, 272 cam, 11-12:1 comp, pm7 piston and itb's once my engine is broken in. but as for fuel pump i will be using a 190lph fuel pump. i feel anything bigger than that would be a waste. yes i do have a set of 450cc injectors right on my kitchen counter, just in case of who knows what. but i doubt i'll do anything w/them. lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Injectors flow rate varies in function of HPs... note in function of the way you get them, or barely, because of brake specific fuel consumption.

The function is the following:
Flow rate= (Hp x BSFC)/(number of injectors * maxcycle)

It is recommended to keep your maximum duty cycle under 80%, but I think the PM6 goes up to 91%, so it's probably not that bad.

If your injector seem barely too small, you can try raising your fuel pressure before to change injectors. Don't raise it too much on stock injectors, though, as it could alter their functioning.

With I/H/E and a cam I don't think you should need bigger injectors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts