Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!
i was driving my daily 1991 wagon civic to work this morning.
it stalled at a stop light while idling.
pushed it of the road into a parking lot.

here's what i found:
fuel pump primes
there is fuel pressure at the dpfi "rail"
i have spark
timing belt is fine.
it cranks and cranks with no fuel smell and it doesnt even try to fire, just cranks.

im thinking the distributor shit the bed cause thats what fires the injectors. the cam sensor is built into it correct?

just looking for advice, im not fond of the 4th gen civics or dpfi

thanks,
jack

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
i vote main relay.

loosen pressure screw at the fuel filter and check to see if you still getting gas after it primes.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i vote main relay.

loosen pressure screw at the fuel filter and check to see if you still getting gas after it primes.
i took the sending unit cover off for the gas gauge and i can hear the pump clear as day..
i disconnected every gas line fitting i could visibly see in the engine bay and all had fuel.
i also cranked the car over and left a line disconnected and filled a soda bottle with fuel.

i think the injector driver isnt seeing input from the cam sensor, so a new distributor is neccesary..

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
i took the sending unit cover off for the gas gauge and i can hear the pump clear as day..
i disconnected every gas line fitting i could visibly see in the engine bay and all had fuel.
i also cranked the car over and left a line disconnected and filled a soda bottle with fuel.

i think the injector driver isnt seeing input from the cam sensor, so a new distributor is neccesary..

oh, ok just wanted to make sure you were pumping gas after priming.

sounds to me like your on the right track :td:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Put one end of a flat head screw driver on you ear and the other end on a injector you should hear a clicking. Check for spark. Any codes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts