Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my car running and it is flooding out and running like crap!!! it's funny because if you unplug the fuel pump it runs good but if you plug it in it runs like crap! we have tryed 2 baselines and so far both do the same thing!! any ideas
specs
d16z6
450cc dsm's
chipped pm6

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
switch back to stock injectors and see if that helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are running 450cc dsm injectors you are running a resistor box correct? if so make sure all the wiring is ok

also check your map sensor if you have someone you can switch with one you know that works try that..

I had the same problem turned out to be a bad resistor box and map sensor combo

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where is the resistor box at??? and how do u check it??

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need some more specs on your car before I can tell you anything. I know some of the older model hondas came with a resistor box.

If you have a late 90's model it will be located behind the drivers side shock tower will be a small silver box with 4black wires and 1red one..

If you have a newer model honda it isnt on the car you have to install one you can only run dsm 450cc injectors with a resistor box

·
Hondaphile
1,113 Posts
If you didn't wire a resistor box in (and I'm guessing you didn't hence you asked where it is) then the resistors are not working correctly. You will either need a resistor box or search for the thread about wiring in separate resistors.

:bravo:

·
Registered
17 Posts
it shows in his top post in his info section he has a 90crx and if im not mistaken that year model came with a resistor box

·
Registered
613 Posts
it shows in his top post in his info section he has a 90crx and if im not mistaken that year model came with a resistor box
i thought only certain models came with the resistor box...

if you dont have a resistor box and keep trying to run it you'll ruin your injector module.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i think mine came with one its a 90 si

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are running the z6 motor what engine harness are you using because I would imagine that the hf harness would not mate to the z6 motor. If your running the z6 harness I would be 99% sure the stock resistor box isnt even hook up

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
not having a resistor box will not instantly mess anything up from my experience...when youre making the chips youre rescaling the maps for the 450s right?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
not having a resistor box will not instantly mess anything up from my experience...when youre making the chips youre rescaling the maps for the 450s right?
the car ran 40k+ turbo'd with dsm 450s. im positive it has a resistor box

as for map scaling, yes it was scaled for 450s. the second base we tried was my old bin from '06. when i was out at his shop, i didnt even think to look whether it had a solid CEL or not, and he said the second bin did. honestly makes me think that there is a wiring issue somewhere

·
Registered
140 Posts
..... honestly makes me think that there is a wiring issue somewhere
If he has a resistor box and it the configuration has ran before on DSM's then that pretty much boils down to scrappy wiring...Double check all the wires and solder everything in (solder after u check to see if everything works...).

Any other issues other than bad wiring on the injector side??...

~mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm telling you my car did the exact same thing so much fuel it was spewing out of the exhaust side of the turbo housing...

like I said turned out to be a bad resistor box and map sensor?? its worth a thought man check the resistance between the resistor box and injectors, I know you said the car run with 450's never know it could have taken a shit on ya

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea so tonight i started playing around with it and comes to find out that the wires on the map were cut and reclamped with just the plastic clovers! no inside metal! yeah so i am going to solder and then try it out when i get my new chip!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts