Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just done the mpfi swap in my hatch, now injectors 1 and 2 are not firing.
I know they work because i've swapped their position in the rail just to check them. I've checked resistance on the resistor box, its in spec. i've checked voltage at the injector plug, 3 and 4 show low voltage while firing, but 1 and 2 show a higher voltage.
i'm stumped on this one. I can't tell why one of the injectors i wired up works but not the other, and why one of the (pre wired) inkectors isn't working at all.

if it makes a difference, i am having to use the pm5 ecu because my pm6 fried during the install, but that shouldn't be the problem.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
tylertime said:
i've just done the mpfi swap in my hatch, now injectors 1 and 2 are not firing.
I know they work because i've swapped their position in the rail just to check them. I've checked resistance on the resistor box, its in spec. i've checked voltage at the injector plug, 3 and 4 show low voltage while firing, but 1 and 2 show a higher voltage.
i'm stumped on this one. I can't tell why one of the injectors i wired up works but not the other, and why one of the (pre wired) inkectors isn't working at all.

if it makes a difference, i am having to use the pm5 ecu because my pm6 fried during the install, but that shouldn't be the problem.
Yes it does make a difference. PM5 is for your dpfi intake manifold with only 2 injectors and no resistor box. You will not get it to work using that ecu. Do it right or dont do it at all. You need a PM6 or PM7.
Auto or manual tranny?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manual

i've heard of more than a few people using the pm5 to run mpfi so i figured i would be alright for the short time untill i get another pm6

also, like i said, of the 2 injectors firing, one is hooked up to the existing output from the dpfi, and one is from me wiring it up
i also figured that if it was the ecu, the injector that i rewired wouldn't work
have ypu heard of this happening on the swap before??

of course i should have a pm6 but i was fried when i put it in!!started, revved, died!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
tylertime said:
manual

i've heard of more than a few people using the pm5 to run mpfi
Well they were either bullshitting you or maybe they meant PM7 and got mixed up. Either way, MPFI wont work with a dpfi (pm5) ecu. Cant make it any simpler than that. I take it you are also using the dx distributor?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no sir
i got the si distributor, it has the crank angle or cylinder position sensor that the dx doesn't, looks alot different on the inside.

ok i'll grab a pm6 as soon as i can and giver a go.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you
it runs much better now
still seems to only use 3 cylinders sometimes, but i can fix that. just happy that its running half decently now now!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes pm6
i work in the auto recycling business so i ordered it from a yard i deal with and it was definately from a 90 si!! says pm6 on it as well

does firing order change in the mpfi from dpfi?? if yes then its news to me!!

when i first fired it up it was throwing code 9 , now one day later... no codes!! maybe it just had to find its groove??
runs kinda rough looks like #2 cyl isn't firing for some reason, it gets spark and the plug smells like raw fuel and its wet, gonna try changing that plug!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea thanks man
luckily you knew what you were talking about, the only resource for this kinda stuff is the net, where many people type more than they actually DO!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats pretty good info to know because ive just recently done a d15b7 swap in my 90 hatch, and i have everything except the dizzy and ecu, and i was wondering if it would work without those items, well guess i know, not jackin but thanks for the info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts