Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope you guys are doing well.
My engine is a D14Z2, very similar to other d16 engines.

I took off my injector fuel rail yesterday to swap out my factory injectors with some 440cc injectors to complete my turbo build but they dont seem to fit.
The replacements are significantly longer and seal it makes with the intake manifold is too small.

At first I thought I was doing an incorrect installation but now its looking like I ordered the wrong part (On the listing on ebay it was written that it fits D series, b series and other engines but now it looks like i got scammed).

Could someone who has experience with the fuel system check these pictures attached with this post and see where I went wrong :/
It is clear which injector is the new one and which is the factory one.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
250 Posts
It looks to me like you just need the correct manifold side o-ring, and to check resistance across the pins on both old and new injectors to verify they are the right impedance. The important measurements are o-ring to o-ring length, o-ring inner diameter and resistance. Length and rail side diameter differences can be corrected for with spacers, different fuel rails and or injector adapters.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Swap the rubber spacer grommets that are directly above the connector plug onto the 440, and simply buy a fuel injector o ring kit for your oem injectors.
If you paid less than $100 for the new injectors, they generally come with craptastic orings that fail very soon anyways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts