Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
injector seals

I have to remove the injectors and I put them in by grinding down the old seals, so now I want to put the proper seals in. what seals fit the bluetop(possibly blacktop, I am not at home right now and I can't remember) 450cc injectors? part number?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have to remove the injectors and I put them in by grinding down the old seals, so now I want to put the proper seals in. what seals fit the bluetop(possibly blacktop, I am not at home right now and I can't remember) 450cc injectors? part number?
The only seals I know of that are actually intended to install DSM into Hondas are the "Boost Tight" seals from ZDyne. Other than those, I believe that grinding is the accepted method.

Craig

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
go to honda and get the seal rings or what ever they call them at honda. replace all the seals, dont take a chance with the old ones. i used lithium grease to slide them into place

·
Registered
370 Posts
Go to a place that specialized in fuel injectors.. (testing, rebuilding, ect) Take the injectors you want along with the manifold/rail and ask them if they got anything that will do the trick... You'd be amazed what they'll be able to dig up (assuming they feel like being helpful..)

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
i never had to grind mine to get my DSM 450s to fit
me neither.

just place the seals in the intake manifold then when you tighten down the fuel rail they just pop right in there! perfect fit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts