Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Injector question! Regarding the Resistor box

This maybe in the wrong forum, but it is related....

As Im piecing together the parts for my kit I was thinking about getting some 550cc RC's for my setup, and I have found out that there are 2 types of injectors (this is news to me lol).

As I read the differences between the 2, I have realized that when I swapped my Z6 in I had kept the resistor box from my A6 and have been running my OBD1 injectors (which are saturated) with the resistor box. And YES I did switch over to OBD1 via a Rywire conversion harness and Im running a bone stock p28.

I know my car would be dead right now if I did it the other way (Peak and hold injectors w/o the resistor box), but Ive been running like this since May and my AFR's are stable at idle. They normally fluctuate around 14.3-14.6.

So have I done any damage to my engine? everything runs fine, besides the fact that it feels slow lol, and I havent had any issues since the swap.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you already have the resistor box try out the 450cc dsm bluetops off the 1g eclipse.
hmmm i might try that initially just to save some cash. my ultimate goal is to hit around 275-300whp for my DD, but i probably wont do that initially, ill shoot for around 200whp and work my way up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts