Honda D Series Forum banner

injector question

1K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  BseriesKllR 
G
#1 ·
i have a 93 civic si with dsm 450 blue top injectors, what would happen if i ran the injectors with no resistor box?

#7 ·
you won't throw a rod, you will fry your ecu. it will start, it will drive, for a minute or maybe an hour. point is you can't do it, unless you want to fry the ecu.

if you don't want to use the box, order some correctinject 450s from tunertoys. otherwise, use the box or don't use the injectors.

#11 ·
the key is to build your motor to hold the power you want from it. don't spray a 75 shot 100xs and not expect something to let loose. don't boost 10psi and expect 100k miles. it's the nature of the game. any performance upgrade takes away from the life, the more extreme, the shorter the life.

#13 ·
You 2 are still viewing and not typing? We need more ?'s for the one topic..

G
#14 ·
i've pretty much found out all i need to know, i was driving home from putting the turbo on and i was gonna leave it at home till i got the ecu chipped but i threw a rod on the way home, and i wasn't driving like an ass, didn't know i could throw a rod in half an hour from running rich

#15 ·
Boosted_93_Si said:
i've pretty much found out all i need to know, i was driving home from putting the turbo on and i was gonna leave it at home till i got the ecu chipped but i threw a rod on the way home, and i wasn't driving like an ass, didn't know i could throw a rod in half an hour from running rich
Damn man sorry too hear that. There had too be other reasons that that. What was engine temp, did you boost @ all? Was there any popping while driving ??

#17 ·
You running Factory rods? If so spiking 12lbs suddenly definately shocked the shit out of motor that is alot of pressure on stock rods ect.. Plus did you not run resistors on injectors? That could have been part of problem too, by possibly burning ecu up or making it act funny and possibly leaning out and you didnt realize it.. How did you run 450's? Did you even detune them w/ hack or anything or just put them and go w/ out turning them down?

#22 ·
I dont think so.. ^^ Ask Civic4ges or Makku on that one.. Man you fucked that ish up.. Im sorry man but thats what happens when you dont tune your car, whether its driven 2 miles or 100 that is bound to happen..

#25 ·
Clean setup man! Glad to hear you have spare motor.. Keep us posted..

G
#26 ·
yeah the only thing is i think there's a spun bearing the old one so it's being taken apart on saturday to find out the problem, it i get a new set of bearings do i also need to do anything to the crank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.