Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 42mm turbo with 15 lb of boast was wondering what size injectors you guys would recommend I'm also getting a 3 bar map sensor

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
918 Posts
Injector size is dependent more on your power goal, not your boost level or size of turbo.

How much power do you plan on making?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
42mm turbo at 15psi doesnt mean a damn thing.

It doesnt tell us the power the turbo is capable of making

and 15psi doesnt tell you airflow.

With that said, ALWAYS buy injectors bigger than you need them. If you can keep them under 75-80% duty cycle, they will last much longer.

Have you bothered to ask your tuner? at some point, a tuner will be needed to get things moving on your project.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
bigger doesnt mean better all the time. There is a point where going larger makes no sense.

Example, if you are at 95% duty cycle on a set of 550cc injectors, it would not make sense to go to 2200cc injectors, unless you KNOW without a shadow of doubt, you plan to take the project sky high.

A reasonable choice would be 800's or so. Big drop to required duty cycle, yet room to grow another 1-200hp if needed.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,532 Posts
My mechanic advised that the bigger the size, the better performance the car gets.
since the team of qualified dyno tuning mechanics at VP Auto Care seem knowledgeable on the subject why even ask?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts