Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the easiet way to remove the clips from the injectors........I tried to remove the fuel rail thinking i could move them a little more giving me a better angle on the, but the only thing i ended up doing was pulling an injector from the rail and leaking gas all over the engine bay.....not a good thing.

so whats the easiest way to get them bastards off? do i have to remove the metal clip from them and then press in on the two little clips on the side and lift up on it?

thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
what i do is get a flat head screw driver and push the one side of the silver metal clip off to the side and with one hand lift the clip up decently hard and with the other hand undo the other side of the clip they always pop off like that 4 me

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys....i pulled the clip off and they popped right off.

How much fuel will spill before it stops when i remove the injectors from the rail? anyone know?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Its usually a good idea to try and depressurize your fuel lines before pulling the injectors. I always take off the gas cap, and loosen the 12mm nut on top of the banjo fitting on top of the fuel filter.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Its usually a good idea to try and depressurize your fuel lines before pulling the injectors. I always take off the gas cap, and loosen the 12mm nut on top of the banjo fitting on top of the fuel filter.
x's 2 i forgot about that

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tip.....i appreciate it :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1,800 posts and so many questions.

yet label as "wise in the ways of the D"

No faith in your skills?
first time actually installing a turbo........i just want to be sure about the little things so it doesnt cause me more problems than there needs to be.

im confident of my skills.....if i wasnt i wouldnt be doing what im doing myself, i would have someone else do it.

asking questions along the way making sure im doing things correctly doesnt mean i cant work on shit or that im not confident in my skill..........its being safe than sorry on my first time installing a turbo. Im only 19 man, i am the only one i know that works on cars, much less hondas, so im teaching myself with the help of d-series.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts