Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
civic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, i have this engine d16v1 ,d16w8,w7, d17a2 ,a1, this engines they share some parts.somebody knows if they sell a power kit for this engine ??I will thank if somebody helps me .

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yo japan is mess the f*** up. Thats a civic si in america dude and check out dezod.com

·
Registered
2018 TRD
3,610 Posts
Yo japan is mess the f*** up. Thats a civic si in america dude and check out dezod.com
That's not an Si. Do you see a big fat K20 lump in the first picture? Nope. Its the EUDM version of the Civic, usually a D16V1 engine. Which is pretty much takes the same mods as any D17 variant 7th Gen USDM civic.

But he was right check out www.dezod.com or www.truehonda.com for turbo kits or anything else you may want. I don't know if they'll ship to Spain though....

·
Registered
civic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not an Si. Do you see a big fat K20 lump in the first picture? Nope. Its the EUDM version of the Civic, usually a D16V1 engine. Which is pretty much takes the same mods as any D17 variant 7th Gen USDM civic.

But he was right check out www.dezod.com or www.truehonda.com for turbo kits or anything else you may want. I don't know if they'll ship to Spain though....
thanks speedfoos please What is the difference between an engine d17a2 and d16v1 ,I can install this crower stage 1 http://www.dezod.com/pd_crower_stage.cfm in my engine d16v1 ,i need modification in the engine etc?, i need reprogramming ecu? help me please ,you car is fantastic¡¡ ,i wait you answer greetings ¡¡ :TU:

·
Registered
39 Posts
there is not much differences in the d16v1 and a d17 but for that cam to work i think u need vtec and it does not look like your motor has it so u would have to swap a vtec head on it first then u could get the cam if i am wrong then someone just help me out thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
there is not much differences in the d16v1 and a d17 but for that cam to work i think u need vtec and it does not look like your motor has it so u would have to swap a vtec head on it first then u could get the cam if i am wrong then someone just help me out thanks
could be wrong, but doesnt it say v-tec on the valve cover.. or that isnt his car?

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok so i am a idiot lol na sorry i did not see that in that case all u have to do is get the cam a stage 1 u should be fine with no other modification or ecu reprogramming

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok..I own the same car.The d16v1 engine is a d17 variant with a 90mm stroke.It's vtec II(vtec-e with a higher secondary lobe comparing to older vtec-e models) and,as the d17a2,vtec kicks in at 2950 rpm.The rpm limiter is at 6850 for the first 3 gears and at 6500 for the last 2.The tranny ratio is same with the d17a2 tranny ratio.Basically it's a d17a2 with a shorter stroke.I'll tell you my mods so that you can find out if it's worth it or not.BMC carbon air intake,custom 4-2-1 header,decat,custom cat-back with 48mm pipes,emanage and some iridium spark plugs.Whp 108.I'm now planning to install the crower stage 2 with the valvetrain.Hopefully 'll get to 115-120whp.If not,I'll get a k20a2 I found for 3500euros(1 euro=~1,4$).Hope I helped;)

·
Registered
civic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ok..I own the same car.The d16v1 engine is a d17 variant with a 90mm stroke.It's vtec II(vtec-e with a higher secondary lobe comparing to older vtec-e models) and,as the d17a2,vtec kicks in at 2950 rpm.The rpm limiter is at 6850 for the first 3 gears and at 6500 for the last 2.The tranny ratio is same with the d17a2 tranny ratio.Basically it's a d17a2 with a shorter stroke.I'll tell you my mods so that you can find out if it's worth it or not.BMC carbon air intake,custom 4-2-1 header,decat,custom cat-back with 48mm pipes,emanage and some iridium spark plugs.Whp 108.I'm now planning to install the crower stage 2 with the valvetrain.Hopefully 'll get to 115-120whp.If not,I'll get a k20a2 I found for 3500euros(1 euro=~1,4$).Hope I helped;)
).thanks xrem ¡¡ I wait for you notices soon and also I need information about the instalation of crower stage 2 and the valve train ,please you can send photos? I have mods into my car ,air intake injen ,iridium spark plugs and more but I need more power jejeje ,thanks again and I wait you notices greetings :TU:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I dont know why Honda never sticks to the same shit they use in all there cars??? try D15Y2/Y3 in a 2001-2005 civic... WTF???

P.S: all these new D-series engine, generley Coil-on-Plug setup's can all share top-end parts ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont know why Honda never sticks to the same shit they use in all there cars??? try D15Y2/Y3 in a 2001-2005 civic... WTF???

P.S: all these new D-series engine, generley Coil-on-Plug setup's can all share top-end parts ;)
the d16v1 has nothing in common with the d15y2/y3.Basically it's a D17 twin.
As for for more power go get a turbo kit and you're done

1 - 17 of 17 Posts