Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Granny Wagon
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
well it seems pretty clear to me that an D's under 1500cc are pretty rare round the US. but they're very common on this side of the atlantic so i wanna find more info on them, see if any parts could be useful? the reason i'm asking is i've heard pistons are unique and could be used for mild CR having the same comp height as d15b7 pistons but more dome?
OK so down to the specifics:
Anbody know a good source (on the net) for info on D12's, 13's and 14's?
and failing that:
anybody know what pistons are in these?
if they're unique pistons, what's the specs?(dome, comp height?)
do they run blocks identical to D15? (saw this somewhere, can't remember where)
what are the heads like? similar to their big bro's?
what size injectors?
what are the inlet manifolds and TBs like? useful?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi guys
well it seems pretty clear to me that an D's under 1500cc are pretty rare round the US. but they're very common on this side of the atlantic so i wanna find more info on them, see if any parts could be useful? the reason i'm asking is i've heard pistons are unique and could be used for mild CR having the same comp height as d15b7 pistons but more dome?
OK so down to the specifics:
Anbody know a good source (on the net) for info on D12's, 13's and 14's?
and failing that:
anybody know what pistons are in these?
if they're unique pistons, what's the specs?(dome, comp height?)
do they run blocks identical to D15? (saw this somewhere, can't remember where)
what are the heads like? similar to their big bro's?
what size injectors?
what are the inlet manifolds and TBs like? useful?

thanks in advance
d13 is a carb injected 1.3L 4 cyl. peice of crap engine, its from 82-86 honda civics i belive anything under d15 is carbed i belive, and some 87's used the 14s i belive which is also carbed

d15's had dpfi and mpfi, mpfi is much better and gives a better throttle response, mpfi looks like any normal b series tb, and dpfi looks like a carb type thing...

imo they wouldnt be worth the time but thats my .02

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these d's are hidden in europe...

d13 is a carb injected 1.3L 4 cyl. peice of crap engine, its from 82-86 honda civics i belive anything under d15 is carbed i belive, and some 87's used the 14s i belive which is also carbed

d15's had dpfi and mpfi, mpfi is much better and gives a better throttle response, mpfi looks like any normal b series tb, and dpfi looks like a carb type thing...

imo they wouldnt be worth the time but thats my .02
thanks, but there are more d's than you think, my friend.
there are MPFI D13's and D14's, and they are very common here (ireland, in fact they're too common. it's got a lot to do with our RAPING road tax system)
also, there's more than 1 type of mpfi too. i'm just short of info after that.
pistons, tho, are what i want to find out about most.

also, check this out :
Honda D engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(it's messy tho, and not all info is verified or correct)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Nope, as that about sums it up. Perfect for building up a D15. They are just really hard to get a hold of unless you know someone in AouthEast Asia or the Pacific islands.

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, thought i'd throw this in at the end of this thread since it's related.
i want to find the code for the D14a3 ECU. anyone know it? the engine's in a 1996 on civic so would i be correct in presuming it's OBD1 and it can be chipped as easily as other OBD1's you guys use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.