Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hands on a svo t3. it is a .60/.63 a/r oil cooled.

what is the max boost i can put on this turbo before it becomes inefficient???(i.e blowing hot air )

and if anyone has a setup with this turbo (or any ford turbo) can i see some pics???
well i want and i will do a vitara/eagle rod setup, because i dont want anything blowing up on me.

this is my first turbo build so im somewhat noobish but i have learned alot in this website and from my friend who has a turbo d. sohc's are hella sick.props to all and hopefully u guys help me guide my way to the mysterious ways of the D (lol hella geeky)

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
That turbo would suit you well for a good streetable turbo. 250whp I've seen done before on that turbo...also found in manual turbo T-birds. It's a straight T3.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
its a rather small turbo, probably about the same power levels as a 14b or maybe a normal 16g , look for ball park of 250 hp like said above.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
ask fjt. i think he ran around 270ish on his 1st vitara setup.
sick little turbo, and about one step right below the smallest t3/t4 turbos

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet. because im a starving student and i dont think i can afford a fully built head just yet. im only doing the bottom end on my a6.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kool.
i know this is a little off topic but, what do i need to convert my car to OBD1???
so far i got a p06 ecu, i need a jumper harness, and....??? do i need a obd1 distributor???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o yea another question...
i think this turbo is oil and watercooled.
if so, what should i use to cool it???

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
o yea another question...
i think this turbo is oil and watercooled.
if so, what should i use to cool it???
time to spoon feed haha..

oil for sure a lot of guys dont take the time to run the water cooling though it was still a decent idea to run water lines cuz it should extend the life of the turbo.. though you would first need to know if its water cooled as well as oil :dots:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts