Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone wants to chime in with info on production numbers of Si's and there corresponding color and options...

I have noticed that the Si's did come in frost white but it seems to be an extremely rare color, anyone know how many were made? Also was ABS an option for any si or just certain colors of si's? I am having trouble trying to source a white si with ABS

thanks!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
ABS from 88-95 was a dealer based option. It was also an option based on locale. What I mean by that is that a dealer would order a car equipped with a special option if it was a definite sale in a certain area.

Example: In most places a 96-00 Civic EX came with steel wheels with hubcaps. Certain places only sold those same types of cars with factory option (HFP) wheels. Why? More mark-up and a more stylish Civic that was less common.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
I special ordered mine with no radio option (which also meant no antenna) A/C only and no side moldings. I also ordered a black interior but got blue because at the time it was the only one they had without side moldings. I should have waited.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
I special ordered mine with no radio option (which also meant no antenna) A/C only and no side moldings. I also ordered a black interior but got blue because at the time it was the only one they had without side moldings. I should have waited.
What year?
Canada offered the same option with the black interior on 94 and 95.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies!

I am more specifically interested in frost white Si's... I have only seen a few in person, and can not find ANY for sale. Im interested if anyone knows how many were produced?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Thanks for the replies!

I am more specifically interested in frost white Si's... I have only seen a few in person, and can not find ANY for sale. Im interested if anyone knows how many were produced?
Oh yeah by the way I have know clue how many where produced but I've seen and see a shitload of frost white SI's where I live.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah by the way I have know clue how many where produced but I've seen and see a shitload of frost white SI's where I live.
USDM civic Si's in frost white?? I see you are in Canada...

I have seen only 2 here in VA and I feel I am pretty attentive/knowlegable when it comes to noticing EGs and determining their trim levels. I have seen butt loads of CX/DX/VX's in white but rarely ever an Si.

I am thinking they are pretty rare and were produced in VERY limited numbers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts