Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well figured out why the car was fouling out the plugs..turns out the S/2 Crower cam for a D16z6 was incorrect. apparently they said sometimes they stamp the wrong cam's in production.

So i must have ended up with a D16y8 one. When you'd face it and set it to 0 and try to set timming it be outta wak, as soon as you retard it some it runs fine. Has anyone ever encountered this? now i have to remove my head to fix the scaring the cam did to the journels.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too, there stuff is the shit! but when the tech at crower tells you on the phone that they've messed up, what can you say. I got to send it back for replacement. But now i got a ton of work and extra $ to spend.

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
CAM gear

are you using an adjustablt timing gear, there are some out there that are not built right, they are built the same for a y8 and z6 but with y8 specs.

-TAG

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when you line up to TDC and face the cam properly it runs like shit, only when you retard 8+ degrees it runs better. I did talk to them and Im sending it back and there gonna send me a new cam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts