Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car is at the local speed shop and i was looking in to get it tuned. but the guy said i need to get it changed from ob1 to ob0 or some thing like that? and it all together will cost about 1200$ just wanted some options and here what you have to say? or what are you running and the cost???

·
Registered
557 Posts
ur using the crx? with a z6 right? since the z6 is obd-1 he'll have to convert from obd0-obd1. 1200 seems a bit much but depends on how good of a tuner he is also...im goin to assume besides the harness conversion hes gonna chip the p28? and tune it...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well he said that there will be a distributer/wiring harness and a new ecu all ob0 and that includes hooking up my vtech and then tune

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spec:
crx d16z6 boosted t04e soon to be running 15+ psi after build with meth/water injection

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Kaizen usually charges $550 or so for a full tune, and i would hope that is part of the $1200...

(retail prices)
obd1 conversion harness - $120
dizzy jumper - $35
obd1 dizzy - $180
4 wire o2 sensor - $60+
chipped obd1 ecu - $175

you are looking at $570 right there

$550 tune + $570 parts puts you at $1120, plus the labor to do the conversion. id say you are about right

that all rides on whether the tune is included in the price

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
well he said that there will be a distributer/wiring harness and a new ecu all ob0 and that includes hooking up my vtech and then tune
sweet your getting a phone in your car! :D

seriously, if the tune is thrown in it is a good price. w/o a tune, it could be done for less.

but i would like to state that if your a newb at this, you will want to take is some where to be completed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kaizen usually charges $550 or so for a full tune, and i would hope that is part of the $1200...

(retail prices)
obd1 conversion harness - $120
dizzy jumper - $35
obd1 dizzy - $180
4 wire o2 sensor - $60+
chipped obd1 ecu - $175

you are looking at $570 right there

$550 tune + $570 parts puts you at $1120, plus the labor to do the conversion. id say you are about right

that all rides on whether the tune is included in the price

good to see u agree with what i was thinkin. wasnt entirely positive.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah all included! all the guys at the shop are my friends and i know that they do great work my car is there right now! getting the down pipe and wastegate dump made. i am not new to the turbo world just new to honda. this is the first honda i have built!

cars ive built that were mine
turbo2 rx7 400whp
sr20det 89 240sx 275whp
ae86 corolla 4agze swap got rid of the supercharger and put in turbo hp?
1990 vw corrado g60 supercharged! lots of bolt [email protected]

project i am working on
1983 l69 camaro (first car) built gm performance 355cid getting ready for boost!
my next door nabor has the worlds fastes mistic cobra 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 kennybell supercharger max boost with no2 and meth/water injection very fast!!!! but he is a ford guy and i help him as much as possible!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts