Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
But then you would still have to import it from Canada if youre in the states. Shouldnt be that hard with a Civic tho

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
It's not easy unless its on the list of approved vehicles. Canada is no easier than Japan or UK
My friend did have a civic that said made in canada. He got it from a friend and it came with a vx ecu so im guessing all was right. but not history on it so dont know what the first guy had to do to get it here.
So wait for the 25 year mark?

Lol or just do a rhd conversion. ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Wait the 25 years, anything newer and you have a 95% chance of customs cutting the car in pieces.
25 yrs it will be a classic pieces of junk lol......
And that would suck so much picking up your car and they open the create and out rolls a tire and seat.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Owned my civic since New, it was made in Canada. They must just import them here for sale from a plant, even though the car is as safe, the same, or safer then the domestic model gov't will still be all over it. You're 1000 time's better off grabbing a welding helmet, unless it's something of r calibur.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
You couldnt just drive a car up to canada and buy the car you want and drive through? Seems like you wouldnt have to pay customs

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You couldnt just drive a car up to canada and buy the car you want and drive through? Seems like you wouldnt have to pay customs
you could drive but getting the ar back to the us would/might be a problem

and its common that alot of hondas were assembled in canada. especially the 92-95 hatches

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
How hard is it to get an imported civic from japan to the states?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Doable but not easy. Plan on replacing both bumper supports and foam with NEW parts from Honda, save the receipts, also will need proof the door bars are the same strength as well as the title from the donor car to prove it was approved for US sale.

Signing up for Medicaid and SSI as well as going through the Veterans Administration is easier than all the paper work you have to fill out.

Now since Honda did import some Civic's to the US from Japan (west coast) they might have built all that model EG DX Sedan's to US safety standards. The emissions is the easy part. Slap in a USDM ECU and have it smog tested.

Also since the VIN's are different between Japan and USA, it REALLY helps if you have a donor car and it will be used to title the car but will also have the JDM VIN noted on title and registration, which becomes a 30 minute to 1 hour headache each time you are pulled over. Dual VIN for the extra wait.

Tim the Stick's RHD del Sol Transtop was so much fun.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
My friend did have a civic that said made in canada. He got it from a friend and it came with a vx ecu so im guessing all was right. but not history on it so dont know what the first guy had to do to get it here.
My civic was made in Canada also. Means nothing. It is manufactured in Canada to be sold in US. Meaning, it will have already been programmed/setup to meet our emission laws.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
It depends on which state you're in, some are easier than others. For instance, a large portion of Skylines come through TN...

And my own personal opinion, it's not worth it. I mean you're paying TOP DOLLAR for a generic car that you'll never be able to I use in a drive through.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
In canada we can.bring them in after 15 years. Get one brought to canada and tag it as the canadian equal then bring it to the states. I know we are alound to bring in even brand new usa cars

come to canada, buy ctr, buy same color 6 gen civic, switch tags, go to dmv register ctr as civic si, drive home, switch title/regestraion.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
In canada we can.bring them in after 15 years. Get one brought to canada and tag it as the canadian equal then bring it to the states. I know we are alound to bring in even brand new usa cars

come to canada, buy ctr, buy same color 6 gen civic, switch tags, go to dmv register ctr as civic si, drive home, switch title/regestraion.
well it is a felony to tamper with vins, but :gives:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts