Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one of those cheap import nitrous kits off ebay? how safe are they?

E

·
0 Posts
Personally, I would stick with a good reputable nitrous company. Nitrous Express has the best nozzle design and the best solenoids on the market. Spend the money on a good quality system (NX, NOS, even Zex) or you'll probably regret it.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I wouldnt recoment it! R%D is key w/ N2O!

E

·
0 Posts
I've heard of Cold Fusion before but they are a very new company and don't know of anyone that is actually running their kit. That kit is $380 and only comes with a 5lb bottle, for about $150 more you can have a Nitrous Express kit with a 10lb bottle and enjoy the piece of mind that comes with having a good quality kit. I just don't believe in cutting corners when it comes to parts that can make or break my car.

E

·
0 Posts
I haven't heard that. Dave @ The Nitrous Outlet (aka Nitro Dave's) is probably the largest NX dealer in the US and he doesn't carry Cold Fusion. NX has a "bargain brand" called Main Line but I've seen anyone use that either.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
EG_4door said:
I haven't heard that. Dave @ The Nitrous Outlet (aka Nitro Dave's) is probably the largest NX dealer in the US and he doesn't carry Cold Fusion. NX has a "bargain brand" called Main Line but I've seen anyone use that either.
Well, I wasn't sure, I just know that the parts are interchangable between the 2 kits.

E

·
0 Posts
Yea, most kits are interchangeable. The only main difference is the quality of the parts used. I know alot of Mustang guys that upgrade thier solenoids from NOS to NX just because NX solenoids have proven to be better. Any kit, either NOS, NX or Zex will work well and give you very few problems.

·
Registered
231 Posts
civicspy70 said:
Cold fusion's solinoids are made my the same company that makes nx's solinoids
This doesnt mean the quality is just as good. In airsoft i use airsoft elite bb's but a guy had a bag of bb's called matrix made by the same manufacturer but were cheaper than airsoft elite so i tried them and the bb's had stems on them and fucked up my gun. Thats just an example. Might be made at the same manufacturing facility but that doesnt mean it has the same quality or goes through the same process.

·
Registered
194 Posts
drunknEK9 said:
This doesnt mean the quality is just as good. In airsoft i use airsoft elite bb's but a guy had a bag of bb's called matrix made by the same manufacturer but were cheaper than airsoft elite so i tried them and the bb's had stems on them and fucked up my gun. Thats just an example. Might be made at the same manufacturing facility but that doesnt mean it has the same quality or goes through the same process.
Look at there feedback rating on ebay, nobody is complaining about the quality of there product's. I dought he would have 2224 feedback rating and 98.9 percent positive if they sell crappy nitrous kits. Cold fusion is just the same product without the name.

·
Registered
231 Posts
civicspy70 said:
Look at there feedback rating on ebay, nobody is complaining about the quality of there product's. I dought he would have 2224 feedback rating and 98.9 percent positive if they sell crappy nitrous kits. Cold fusion is just the same product without the name.
That would be because most people post there feedback right after they get the item saying that it got there fast and the seller is A++++ and after they submit that they cant go back after there nitrous kit blows there car up....and all 2224 feedback arent from nitrous kits he sold...

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Either way... I know a couple people running Cold Fusion kits on there cars and have had no problems....... No matter if it was an import or my buddy's 11 sec LS1. He's been running it for about 9 months with no issues. period

·
Registered
194 Posts
drunknEK9 said:
That would be because most people post there feedback right after they get the item saying that it got there fast and the seller is A++++ and after they submit that they cant go back after there nitrous kit blows there car up....and all 2224 feedback arent from nitrous kits he sold...
Look at his feedback, There are the majority that say a+++ but then their are also ones that say great product. And if their car's engine blow's up I highly dought it had anything to do with the quality of the kit, more the lack of knowledge of the user. But there are times when cheap kit's are very unreliable. If you look on cold fusion's website, People who's car's that are set up as a full drag car, people who have invested thousand's of dollars into there engine and hundred's of hour's of work, I don't think they would put the first nitrous kit that show's up in an ebay search if the quality suck's and then still use it for a second time

·
Registered
194 Posts
civicjuju said:
how much shot can we feed a d16y8 with being "safe" 50? 60?more?
50 shot if you responisble when you use it and take all the proper precaution's, check the before nitrous sticky, it explains everything to get you started

·
Registered
194 Posts
sweet so keep under 50 sounds good now do i want dry or wet?

can someone explain the difference between dry and wet

i used to be really against nitrous but after all it aint too bad it you keep it under control

thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts