Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on going? :biggrin: Trying to show Cliff Wallace that SoCal isn't dead for import drag racing. Show some support guys!

You can print this flyer out for $2 off admission!

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Im consisering going. There really isnt anything stopping me from going so i think yes ill go. Lets set up a d-series meet there?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be there, only like 45 minutes from my house.
Nice!
Im consisering going. There really isnt anything stopping me from going so i think yes ill go. Lets set up a d-series meet there?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I'm down, hopefully my brother's turbo D16 is finished by then. I want to know what it runs with a retune from 320 whp. :3dbiggrin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice!
I'm down, hopefully my brother's turbo D16 is finished by then. I want to know what it runs with a retune from 320 whp. :3dbiggrin:
Yea a D meet would be cool. ill be there with my 97 lx hopefully have y8 head and suspension done by then. Its alittle busted right now, but not going to show mine off anyways. Hope to see some other D's there!

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
im down for sure its been a while. with tax season it gives me a bit a leverage to get my car decent.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anybody been there before and know what the facilities or parking situation is like? i heard it can be quite a spectacle getting into the parking lot. How about a way to identify each other? like numbers on the window for racing why not a D-Series something or other on the window and a designated spot to park? i dont know just a thought, me and my wife and my bro will be there doing a little Bar-B-Q and drink a brew in the parking lot. Maybe with more people idk, at least one honda and possibly a 86 chrysler new yoker with a turbo 4. lol

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
If you have never been there ill give you the low down. It smells bad because of all the fertilizer from all the farms. The dirt in the parking lot sucks and the paved part isnt much better. (If you cant tell im not much of a fan of that track lol)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I go there all the time, the parking lot is huge so there should be no problems. Getting in though is a spectacle but they're getting better at handling it. I think DSO in painter's tape or window marker is fine. I'll try and get a big enough space for us to park together. Glad I made this thread, didn't think anyone would be down. haha

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have never been there ill give you the low down. It smells bad because of all the fertilizer from all the farms. The dirt in the parking lot sucks and the paved part isnt much better. (If you cant tell im not much of a fan of that track lol)
I don't see why a smell would keep you from racing, no one is bothered by it when I go. Unless you're a sissy. ;)

the parking lot is rough but it's not like you're driving more then 10 mph in it. The track is where it's at doe. :scooter:

Quote and add your name to this list so we can get a feel on who's going.

DSO Bakersfield Meet:
Khnemu

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have been out by there, the track is only 45 minutes from me roughly, just never been to an event there. But i would think the smell of gas and burnt rubber should more then satisfy the senses and block any fertilizer smell. lol

I go there all the time, the parking lot is huge so there should be no problems. Getting in though is a spectacle but they're getting better at handling it. I think DSO in painter's tape or window marker is fine. I'll try and get a big enough space for us to park together. Glad I made this thread, didn't think anyone would be down. haha
Nice i drive by there alot just never happened to be there during an event. Cant wait to check it out, i used to like 5 minutes from LACR back in the day but thats old news. Havnt been to bakersfield for drag, been to fontana alot though. yea i like the DSO on the window idea (unintentional rhyme) ill probably be there pretty early in the day because want to get a spot and grill some food and watch the entrance stampede lol.
Anyone else out there in southern california lets get this thing going!

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
Well for a first timer, its quite a different smell, and im used to racing there for 3+ days straight. Its never stopped me, just dont like it. Plus for everyone else, you can probably take my advice with a grain a salt. That place with a dragster is just not fun. Civic might not be as bad haha.

Im still thinking about going, make it a trip and go to willow springs in my corolla.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well for a first timer, its quite a different smell, and im used to racing there for 3+ days straight. Its never stopped me, just dont like it. Plus for everyone else, you can probably take my advice with a grain a salt. That place with a dragster is just not fun. Civic might not be as bad haha.

Im still thinking about going, make it a trip and go to willow springs in my corolla.
ill be at willow springs on saturday for a speed ventures event that day, i live in between willow springs and bakersfield so both are super close.

how bad would you say the parking is? far as pot holes and stuff, i sit pretty low and with 4 people in my car will be scaping on EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ill be at willow springs on saturday for a speed ventures event that day, i live in between willow springs and bakersfield so both are super close.

how bad would you say the parking is? far as pot holes and stuff, i sit pretty low and with 4 people in my car will be scaping on EVERYTHING.
I live in Lancaster lol, not too far away. :p

There are no potholes, just cracks that make it bumpy.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts