Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey yall, I'd like to share my family recipe for Fried Kix my pop passed on to me when I was little. It's cheap & quick to make, fills you up & is DELICIOUS!!

You'll need:

• Large cooking/frying pan
  • Stove range
  • Large stirring spoon (wood works best)
  • Big ole bowl
Ingredients:

• KiX Cereal
  • Margarine or butter (Used Smart Balance here, still tastes good & is healthy, but butter gives the most delicious results)

1.) Turn stove range on high setting.
2.) Scoop in 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine.

3.) Wait for at least 1/2 to 2/3rds of margarine or butter to melt, then add KiX until the entire bottom of pan is covered.

4.) Stir with wooden spoon to contact all the KiX with melting margarine/butter. Do this until all KiX are golden & your kitchen smells awesome.

5.) Poor into bowl, LET COOL & enjoy! :TU:

This is damn sure not health food or a main course, a single pan serving is likely ~400+ calories...
Using a lower-calorie vegetable spread + exercise regimen will help negate getting fat, (duh) I'm 5'10", 165 & eat this all the time!

Happy New Year, Al. :)

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
Awesome! And that certainly isn't health food.
You're a terrible West Coaster!
You're suppose to be postin' tofu sandwiches!

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey dudes, just like banging a second cousin or huffing polyurethane, don't knock it till you rock it! Just sayin'... ;)

But seriously, try it! If nothing else, it probably pisses off your GF, "classy" friends or family right after New Years!

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
looks taesty if theres was kix in my house right now id do it it crazy what ull eat at 5:43am when uve been up all night

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
no milk..?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Sounds OK to me, although all I can think of is Chex party mix and wanting to add something savory. We always had Kix around when the kids were younger. WIC approved and all ;) I do think I'll stick with butter however.

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ WIC = the shit lol. Butter most definitely gives better tasting results.

And by all means, put a twist in the original recipe man. Finding a little tang like Chex
mix would be great. Oh, I've done Fried Chex too lol.

4Door, they go great with a glass of milk. I should try eating them in a bowl milk like
regular cereal & report back.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
LOL nice! i gotta try this sometime, Kix are the bomb haha. imagine eating this 3 times a day for a couple months haha

·
Registered
433 Posts
no f ing way! thats awsome! i got kix in the kitchen right now! ima make up a batch and i'll reply in a min( 9:25 pm now)...... ( 9:32 pm) it's pretty good, tastes kinda like kettle corn, but without all ne annoying shit that gets stuck in your teeth lol.. i shall pass this down to my kids now lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts