Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems 01-02 civics have their own immobilizer compared to 03, and 04-05 civics.

Having a problem getting ming going on the 01.

2 different hodna dealerships have now said they cannot communicate with the immobilizer to get the replacement ecus running (yes, multiple)

stock burned ecu still runs and drives in limp mode with no key light flashing.

I bought a CK-100+ and cannot set it myself either. It keeps failing to set immob properly. Honda techs claimed they cannot communicate period with IMMOB, which is bullshit, the burned ecu communicates fine, and starts car up.

What are your guys thoughts on how to temporarily bypass the immobilizer so I can drive the car to a more competent dealership? Car runs so rich I basically change the oil every 4-5 times I drive it, as by that time, the engine is rattling pretty good with all the fuel in the oil.

Plus dipstick lights on fire lol.

I have 2 used ecu's and a third one that was sold under description of "refurbished/repaired". all 3 are able to pull ecu codes and information when plugged in and key turned on.

Am I gonna hurt something if I provide power directly to fuel pump and ecu? Or should I wire a switch to confirm they are off when I want to shut car down?

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some reading, seems the immobilizer circuit grounds the fuel pump relay to activate it. I may try disconnecting the E1 pin on the ecu side connector, and grounding it.

But I doubt honda would have made it that easy.

I was hoping to get car going on stock ecu for the winter so I could put off installing the AEM box, since tuners around me are so busy (only 2 in close range).

Any thoughts?

What do guys do when they use stock ecus for K swaps?

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
492 Posts
Did some reading, seems the immobilizer circuit grounds the fuel pump relay to activate it. I may try disconnecting the E1 pin on the ecu side connector, and grounding it.

But I doubt honda would have made it that easy.

I was hoping to get car going on stock ecu for the winter so I could put off installing the AEM box, since tuners around me are so busy (only 2 in close range).

Any thoughts?

What do guys do when they use stock ecus for K swaps?
Is there an immobilizer section in the workshop manual that might help with understanding how to bypass?

Interested to hear what people are using for K swaps also, i just assumed they either run a JDM non immobilized ECU or swap the key/barrel/immobilizer module over into the car as well.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved my problem!!

It is not a direct bypass.

It will require an ecu with a good immoblizer, and the new ecu replacement.

I desoldered the EPROM near the immobilizer antenna/receiver on the board, and swapped it to the new ecu.

Car fired up first try.

car is still not talking to the immobilizer, so I have an issue somewhere, so lets hope my current ignition key stays working lol.

If you want to see what I did, search on youtube for 7th gen immobilizer, and it will pop up. That is the video I finally tried to follow, and it works!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
I know the 00-01 Pigludes were a PITA with the immobilizer. Owner lost his keys, car towed to dealership. New ECU with matching key, key cut at dealership per Honda coding system. Would start once and then fail during programming.

Order another ECU with matching key and try again.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda in general is shit with their immobilizer systems.

Not gonna bother ever buying a immob setup (key, box, etc..).

Just gonna repeat if it happens again in future with EPROM desolder/solder swap.

MIGHT take the time to copy the current EPROM to my computer if I ever make an EPROM reader with spare diodes and serial cable connector.

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
what type of chip is it?

not alot of people doing this shit anymore , #I'llFixYourWangon

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dunno what exact chip it is, but its the only 8pin EPROM that is on the board near the antenna/receiver that is vertical. If ecu plugs are oriented up, and antenna/receiver board isd bottom, the chip is off to the left about 2 inches.

finding the 7th gen video on youtube will pinpoint it. in the video it shows how they were doing a manual swap, and put the manual ecu in place with no success until they swapped the EPROM over.

The easier method is to read the EPROM with some DIY device or clips, and copy it over to the other. But that was out of my comfort realm at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts