Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16y7 engine and i am trying to upgrade my stock Intake to a skunk2 pro series intake. I have all the new parts installed including the alpha series throttle body to go with it only the car won't start. When I turn the key it sounds like it is begging to start, I mean its turning and sounds like it really wants to start. Don't know what to check next?
It's getting gas.

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,477 Posts
plugs in the correct spot? all the hoses in their correct spot? tps and map mixed up? what plug is that, why is the orange cut and blue stripped?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sure I got the tps and map in the correct spot. I had to use switch from a 3 plug IACV to a 2 plug and in doing this, from my research, I think im supposed to follow up the rewire on the ecu also.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
yes, you cut the 3 wires, pin two of them into the new plug, and at the ecu you remove one wire and repin 2.

FFS SQUAD TECH. google it. very clear pictures. Much better than what I can draw with ms paint lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Map sensor has. Yellow/red. Green/white. Red/green.

"Iacv sensor has. Green/black. Red/black. Yellow/green" - I thought that was the TPS not the Iacv??

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Map sensor has. Yellow/red. Green/white. Red/green.

"Iacv sensor has. Green/black. Red/black. Yellow/green" - I thought that was the TPS not the Iacv??
Map sensor is right.

Green/black,red/black and yellow/green are for the tps.

Iacv should have a black/blue and yellow/black or a black/yellow. One wire in the iacv plug should have 12 volts.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
the confusion may have been avoided had you marked wires before cutting.

Time to get the soldering iron hot! or heatshrink ready.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts