Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this weekend, i was getting my rods together to take them to the machine shop. when i notice that my second piston rod was bent. i was like WTF?! so i took my block out in the sun, i cleaned the inside of the second piston sleeve and it was pitted. so now what? i spended all this money on piston STD rings, bearings and shit. i check the crank and it doesn't have any gouges, that i can see...

so what are my options now? fuck i'm pissed. this fucking sets me back again. shit.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Overbore... Sorry man. Maybe you could call whoever you bought them from and ask them if they are like that to begin with.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i just got off the phone w/the guy i brought the block from. well lets say he want to do whatever it takes to not to keep me pissed. so in turn i'll wait he gets home from vaca. but on the good news, i guess i could do something i wanted to do anyway. i'm going to see if the pitts aren't to deep. and i'm going to overbore it by 20. which i wanted to do in the first place but i had std slugs so i didn't. now i need to buy some new PM7/P29 slugs and he's going to give me new rods.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
i have pm7/p29 pistons brand new oem .025 over with new oem rings and pins for sale if you need em.
Good lookin out.... See , not all of us California guys are all that bad. :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good lookin out.... See , not all of us California guys are all that bad. :TU:
nah just spoil litlle girls. :shocked: lol.
and the pm was sent.
but quick question don't you think .25 is a bit big.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
you could actually go 76mm (1mm)bigger. not a problem

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
yes, I do think .25 is big, but .025 isnt. ;) pm replied.

I'm running .040 (76mm bore) Its the largest replacement bore you can go before having to buy custom pistons (and sleeving would be good)

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pm replied. hmm..so 76mm isn't bad. i'm just worry paper thin sleeve walls.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
2,469 Posts
i wouldn't go more (total) than what the factory offers as a max service limit/ overbore, aka .5mm.

If you are 75mm, and have to bore, go .25mm over, that leaves you with room if something happens again vs. getting another block.

the .25mm add'l displacement you'd get by jumping right to .020 over will not outweigh the nice idea of having a cushion incase you mess something up again.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i wouldn't go more (total) than what the factory offers as a max service limit/ overbore, aka .5mm.

If you are 75mm, and have to bore, go .25mm over, that leaves you with room if something happens again vs. getting another block.

the .25mm add'l displacement you'd get by jumping right to .020 over will not outweigh the nice idea of having a cushion incase you mess something up again.
eh, D blocks are dirt cheap. Going 1mm over de-shrouds the valves on vtec motors and help with tq. I don't see any other mildly built D's making tq like mine.

also, fyi remoer, the .25's still leave room to go a couple sizes larger.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
because noone is going on church's dyno :wink:
ha, i've seen comparisons of his dyno and others. It only reads as high as a hub dyno does. The car pulls about on par with the numbers it put down. People (especially Honda people) like to talk a lot... Church knows how to tune a car, and while his dyno reads a few hp high, its not abnormally high for a hub dyno.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Never heard of him... what shop?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts