Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got a 95 civic ex, it has a d16 in it.

im not all sure what i can do with the single cam to make it alot faster other then a turbo system and supercharger, maybe the headers, but im not all to sure, i need advice, and help, haha, sucks to admit but rather have help and make it right then just blow a engine.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Research!

That said, there is lot's of stuff you can do to make your car go fast without putting a turbo on it...not there is anything wrong with a turbo. They make, among many many other performance items, the following for your car:

Intake
Intake Manifold
Camshaft
Pistons
Rods
Header
Exhaust
Injectors
Fuel Pump
ECU
Flywheel
Clutch
Transmission

You can have all your intake and exhaust manifolds port matched and have the runners polished for better air flow in and out of the motor, you can add nitrous (if you dare), so many things you can do to make it go faster...

While you're at the business of making it go faster, don't forget that from time to time you will need to stop and/or turn. Tires, wheels, brakes, suspension, lightweight body components, etc are all part of a well rounded performance car...personally, this is where I am starting, going ground up, make it go fast last.

Do research....lot's of it.

Oh, and welcome to the D!

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
Welcome to DSO! You have already opened the secret door to wisdom and there is no turning back now. This site can elevate your mind and empower your imagination. Nothing can stop you now, not even yourself. This was meant to be, THIS is your destiny. Oh and just start reading stuff man and your car will be fast in no time.

Start here seriously---> http://www.d-series.org/forums/n00b-forum/148020-please-search-how-awebb.html

May the Force be with you :bigok:

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Swap for d17 its the easiest d to build and see gains out of : D

Jk... don't do that. For your engine though there is a more than fair amount of after market support. Find a goal and read up to see what you need to achieve it. Thats where I'm at also. Good luck man!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts