Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im missing the 02 sensor connector on my wiring harness for a D15b8. Im getting a code 1 cel low voltage, the car has a low idle and loss of power when warm as well. Looking at the wiring for the 02 sensor the previous owner seems to have wired in his own 02 sensor which goes straight into the firewall and to the ecu. Its then spliced with another wire which I assume is the original 02 sensor wire at the ecu which is probably what's causing the low voltage. My question is do I need a entirely new wiring harness or is there another way I can fix there splice to make the voltage correct. Theres also some weird open plug where I would assume the 02 sensor connector would be but its not for the 02 sensor any ideas as to what that could be as well?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
537 Posts
No need to replace the entire harness, just the 3 from ecu to fenderwell connector, and 4 from fenderwell connector(s) to o2 connector, take a 10mm wrench, socket, ratchet, assorted extensions, screw drivers and pliers, paper clip and saftey pin (dont forget a hammer) down to the pick your part, remove said wires from harness and install into your car, paper clip and or saftey pin will let you pull the pins from the connectors with a bit of poking around, and a bit more patience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to replace the entire harness, just the 3 from ecu to fenderwell connector, and 4 from fenderwell connector(s) to o2 connector, take a 10mm wrench, socket, ratchet, assorted extensions, screw drivers and pliers, paper clip and saftey pin (dont forget a hammer) down to the pick your part, remove said wires from harness and install into your car, paper clip and or saftey pin will let you pull the pins from the connectors with a bit of poking around, and a bit more patience.
Where would I get the connectors for it? Junkyards near me either have the car but dont have the engine and harness in it or its not the same engine as mine.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
537 Posts
The o2 sensor connector dosent change with the engine, though the location might, you may need to lengthen or shorten the wires.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
find any honda or acura at the junkyard that has the same conenctor. Some are male (pins exposed) or female (holes for pins received) on the harness side, so match that to yours. Easy way, just look up a replacement O2 sensor, check the pictures. If you see pins, you need the female conenctor.

carefully depin the correct wires at the ecu and strut tower locations. This makes it a direct swap that fixes the problem.

Then dick punch the guy who did that wiring. Even by shabby standards, it is a terrible job. masking tape? good god, electrical tape is pennies on the dollar anywhere someone actually looks

Also, you do realize, you are likely only a simple conenction trace away from it working right?

Carefully depin the effected wires, and you could actually use a pick tool to open the crimps for the factory clips and simply trim the wire and repin it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
find any honda or acura at the junkyard that has the same conenctor. Some are male (pins exposed) or female (holes for pins received) on the harness side, so match that to yours. Easy way, just look up a replacement O2 sensor, check the pictures. If you see pins, you need the female conenctor.

carefully depin the correct wires at the ecu and strut tower locations. This makes it a direct swap that fixes the problem.

Then dick punch the guy who did that wiring. Even by shabby standards, it is a terrible job. masking tape? good god, electrical tape is pennies on the dollar anywhere someone actually looks

Also, you do realize, you are likely only a simple conenction trace away from it working right?

Carefully depin the effected wires, and you could actually use a pick tool to open the crimps for the factory clips and simply trim the wire and repin it
Alright so I just wanted to update you. I decided to cut the splices and take the ecu connector pins off of the original 02 sensor wire and put it on all 4 of the 02 sensor wires that they wired to the ecu and wired the 02 sensor directly to the ecu. I taped off the open wires from the original 4 wires it was spliced with it fixed my problem with having a low idle and no power once the car is warm. In fact the car runs perfectly once warm with no issues the only problem now is that I have a cel code that stays on and when the car is started from a cold start it idles super low even stalls at times and the engine does not want to rev up either theres like a huge delay from when I push the throttle down to when the car actually revs up. I assume this is because its not running on open loop for some reason?? Like I said once the car warms up and starts relying on the 02 sensor it doesnt have a single issue.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts
its just a solid cel with the connector jumped so I assume thats code 0 for the ecu?

hold up.....are you also o.p?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts

Reactions: robgoof
1 - 11 of 11 Posts