Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have put on an intake before..so i got my intake today and i got my throttle body spacer..so i swap out the gasket on the throttle body and put it back on(i didnt put the spacer on) i put my intake on and turn it on and it now idles at 3000..i dont know what happened i checked my lines i even tried adjusting the throttle cable i got nothin...this car has a piece of shit since i got it!!!!!!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
throttle body spacer. nice whistle sound, jdm high idle yo! throw it away. EDIT: read again, you haven't used the spacer. did you changed the tb gasket? did you torqued the tb properly? did you checked the vaccum lines?

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know this is going to sound like a no brainer but I had that same problem with a Blox intake I installed one time I checked every thing it turned out to be my throttle cable mount on the intake I know you adjusted the cable but disconnect your cable and see of it still dose this I thought I had a vacuum leak. Your motor has to get the extra air from some were I always use a can of carb cleaner to locate vacuum leaks spray in a spot you suspect that is leaking and wait a sec if it is leaking your motor will rev higher.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i checked the gasket before i put it on...ill take the cable off and try that....i checked all my lines and they where all good..i plugged in my iacv and my tps..i changed the gasket...i had to use the one that came with the spacer because autozone didnt have any in stock so i had to order another one and its alittle thicker and feels alot harder than the stock one

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
throttle body spacer FTL!!!!

is it throwing a error code

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
I belieave that plug plugs into the bottom of the IM. As far a parts you need, read the stickies and decide for yourself. Depends on what you want to do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would avoid the blox intake manifold P.O.S. the quality of this part sucks! I thought it looked cool because it has that fabricated aluminum race car look but you can’t get your intake bolts to fit with out grinding some welds out of the way. I would avoid any thing from EBAY unless you know some one who has perches the part and can verify its quality I got a lot of crap from EBAY for my first civic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts