Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But seriously, ive finished porting my head and im looking for a good place to take it for a 3angle and a mill. Last machine shop i used to go to switched ownership and the new guy is a dumb ass. i got one quote from a good shop a friend recomended and it was 475!!!! so im looking around. Anyone know a good shop in the so cal area? THanx!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
dag, i wouldnt send mine off just for that, any local machine shop should be able to do that with ease

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
there's this really cool book called the yellow pages and look up your local machine shop and ask alot of question to make sure they will do what you need them to do for you for the right price.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A good valve job is usually in the 200s range. that includes new seals, resurface, hot tank, valve job.

Not all machine shops are the same. You have to find a place that really knows what they are doing. A bad valve job is worth as not even doing one at all.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
A good valve job is usually in the 200s range. that includes new seals, resurface, hot tank, valve job.

Not all machine shops are the same. You have to find a place that really knows what they are doing. A bad valve job is worth as not even doing one at all.
x2 its more than just going to any old shop hes looking for good ones.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
you guys didnt like my title huh???? LOL!!! i thought it was funny. specificly im looking for a place that someone has had experience with...the yellow pages are for plumbers....not quality machine work. i thought about exospeed but i went to there website and they dnt even post there adress....kinda dissapointed. where are they located? i only hear about people mailing them there stuff. i want to be able to go in and meet the guy and see his shop. thanx 97 civic ill check them out. anyone else?????

·
Registered
537 Posts
We're in Valencia, CA

29021 Avenue Sherman Unit 110
Valencia, CA 91355

reason we havent put it up is we just moved in fully about 3 weeks ago. We werent ready for walk ins the whole december. I'll update that soon. :)

Where are you located? I can recommend you to certain places if theyre nearby.

Wil

·
Registered
982 Posts
ill check them out. anyone else?????
Yeah, they are located in LA, right off the 10 freeway. They are a pretty big shop and although I haven't met the guys in the back yet, I have spoken with some of the guys in the front and they are pretty knowledgeable.

The last time I took a head in, they had to replace 3 exhaust valves, they gave me the valves and showed me why they were bad. They only charged 9 bucks per valve(I've had other shops try to rape me on parts without even using lube). This was on an all stock b18a motor that I was working on so stock replacement valves was just fine.

Anyway, exospeed appears to do good work to. haven't had any 1st hand experience with them, but I probably will in the near future.

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
call around your area i am sure there are shops that will get you taken care of for a decent price

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SWEET im only an hour away from you guys so i wouldnt mind takin it to you. i have seen your work (NICE!!!!) and i would like to take it to a place that is familiar with the d.:blue: Wil can you pm me with a price range for a Y8....3angle and a .030mill. THanx for all the help guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts