Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok. for starters, I am going to ask opinions that has to do with B-series engines. Yes...I know its a d-series forum.:hammer:

Ok. I contacted Comp cams. As some of you know, I somehow snapped the intake camshaft on my car. They are Comp Cams 278 B16 cams.But anyways, Im sending the cam out to the warantee department, to see if its a manfauctures defect.. If it is, I get a free cam.

But here is my dealeeeoo.

For $400 I can get a set of Skunk2 Stage 3 cams.

For $450 I can get a set of Skunk2 Pro stage 2's cams.

For $550 I can Get a set or RLZ Stage 3 cams.

For $150 I can get a Intake cam shaft from Comp cams.

The biggest is the RLZ's, but my LMA's (no idea what that means, Ill google it after this) need to be Modified.

I can support any other cam to a very high RPM range. But I also have to take into affect. I can just go with the comp cam, and Buy aftermarket Rods, bearings, and maybe ger Crank shaft Knife edged and everything balanced for 10,000 Rpm's If I make power up to then.

What route should I go?

EDIT: I have a $1100 If I dont buy slicks and rims for $445...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
why dont you wait to if you get a new cam, if you do see if you can trade up...

tell them you dont trust them and want bigger ones...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
id just wait and see if you get a free one.. and if you dont.. id just buy another 1 from them as that seems to be a tad bit of a freak accident imo

·
Registered
90 SI Hatch, 93 EJ1
175 Posts
I have a comp cam in my d16z6 i havent had any issues with it especially not breaking. I dont know if I would buy another one of their cams though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts