Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im 90% along with my boost build and i need some insight... im drained right now everything is on the car no leaks anywhere, all the vac lines are good but my car wont fire over

its running 450 dsm's with a basemap on a chipped p28 with resistor packs soldered in, i have spark and fuel pressure but the injectors arent pulsing!, could i by chance have the resistor packs in wrong? i went by the tutorial here and used the yellow/black wire! can anyone help me out here, again its all done and good ecxept for this issue!

oh and the injectors came out of a running car!

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Check continuity in the injector wiring.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
update your sig skippy.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well the fuel pump turns on, we have spark, and the individual resistor packs(radio shack) 10watt 10ohm are wired into the yellow/black wire (power wire) the other plain yellow wire is the ground to the ecu....

if i recall correctly i think maybe my one ground from the block to the frame wasnt tight would that not allow the injectors to flow even though the fuel pump was turning on?

i know the ground was off and the fuel pump came on and then i remembered it was off and the guys loosely put it over a bolt and put a nut on it. would that effect anything if its not tight?

the injectors do not pulse, they are dsm 450 blue tops, and it is a 1992 civic cx engine harness! so it does need resistors.. does it matter how close to the injector they are by chance? because we have them right before the injector.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nobody has an answer or an idea of what is wrong?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Need a noid light to properly determine. How do you know they are not pulsing? You can't really hear them when cranking or keyed on. Could be a bad base map burn/chip too or something as simple as the chip not seated in the socket fully or off kilter.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need a noid light to properly determine. How do you know they are not pulsing? You can't really hear them when cranking or keyed on. Could be a bad base map burn/chip too or something as simple as the chip not seated in the socket fully or off kilter.
the chip came from j-k tuning its a pretty reputable place, but you can usually feel the injector pulsing if you put your finger on the wires... but if the kid gets off work in time here tonight we are going to recheck everything here and get back to you.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
test light will help out.. maybe the car isnt timed correctly.. make sure all ground are connected, and test the injector clips first.. if they are working, your timing could be off

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
j-k wrote a base map for my buddy and it was for a turbo build with dsm 450's and j-k fuck it up on the injector driver circuit and it wouldnt run either id try the stock injectors and see if it starts then call j-k and tell him whats going on and see if he can fix it that is if its a chip problem

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well we checked the ohms on the stock injectors and they were low, so we pulled the resistors off of the dsm's and the car fired right up and idles great... its deff. rich but the car starts right up everytime.. we have 1 minor oil leak at the sandwich adapter and we are changing to the T fitting off the oil pressure.

its a little rough down low but will rev great above 2-2 1/2 is that due to the timing? should we retard it a little i know its not the same as a d-series.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts