Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So its been a few years went to rx7s for abit (Fc's) had alot of fun

My last Single was an Ek Hatch running a zex nitrous kit (75 shot) JDM D15B Lsd tranny,y8 intake manifold,Ebay header, buddy club short shifter and a few other goodies. pretty much what it looked like at its best

So i was looking around and Found this particular 1.6 EL for $500 with a bad trans, I already Knew I wanted another Lsd trans.

So far ive had it for a week, got an LSD trans, SIR rear disc, Skunk2 short shifter poly shifter bushings, Koni yellows and Toyo Ra1's on LS meshies

Ive got a Turbonetics turbo,cast manifold sitting here now too

My plan is (Don't laugh) is to do open lapping no particular class just to have fun

I will be running a chemical intercooled turbo set up So basically no Air to air setup straight from turbo to Intake manifold with an AEM water injection setup

Ill have a 4psi wastegate spring for no water and just 4 psi for driving around or when i run out of water and maybe 12-14 psi (whatever gets me 225 whp)

Im thinking it should be a fun little car to drive

I need to buy a tig welder so I can do my own exhaust, I'm thinking stock exhaust and a Large wastegate on the downpipe itself for when I hit 5-6 psi it opens up and become a straight pipe

More pics to follow Car is far from a daily My daily is Lexus Is250

and previous track car

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Dig the IS250... have always been a fan of he IS line up. My fave is the IS 300, because i love the 2JZ motor family.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Your previous hatch looks great and I definitely dig the FC. Get some wheels and freshen up that EL :TU:

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
That IS is fucking sexxx:boink: FC aint too shabby to boot.. Think my next project will be an FC. I know where one is @ a used car stealership that runs like shit that I can pickup for $500, probably less. That or another 'Stang.. Thinking FC tho, ½ brigde+lotsa boost. Diggin the whole no pistons deal..

Not to threadjakk tho:shifty: CL build looks interesting. GLWB:punk:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the rx7 isn't running properly stay away from it especially being your first one you want to enjoy it before you have to fix it

The El needs alot of work:/ its burning quite abit of oil things you find after you buy the car.... SO I picked up a Complete running d16y7, and made a trip to JRP (local shop ordered Rods and forged JE pistons, Some oem parts like bearings, rings and seals etc plan to port the oil pump and a few other tricks

Soo much for a cheap beater lol!

Anyways update time

Stg 3 Comp clutch with light flywheel Oem head kit and a cast manifold

Bought this a year or so ago No idea why, i guess i kinda always knew id build another civic

Rear Disc from a Canadian SiR (American Si)

And since the IS is so popular

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
bwek: really diggin the cars man, I would love to have a clean fc. Looks like your making good progress on the Civica too!

QUOTE=bwek;2429147]if the rx7 isn't running properly stay away from it especially being your first one you want to enjoy it before you have to swap it
[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for ya

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol I'm not a fan of the 1.6 el I wanted a hatch but got this because the price was right

It's just a winterbeater most likely won't do anything cosmetic just want to improve the car overall and keep to oem quality when building it hence why a cast manfold vs tubular and turbonetics vs an eBay brand

The Lexus will most likely go twin turbo in the spring if I can find some engine managment that will let me keep all the electronics in the car and I also have to find a piston manufacture for the is250 factory 12-1 is a bit high to boost :p

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
if the rx7 isn't running properly stay away from it especially being your first one you want to enjoy it before you have to fix it
running is not a concern. planned on either a ghetto efi setup or BT holley seup on a rebuilt boosted 'n/a' 13b..
And since the IS is so popular
skeeeeet skeet sleeeeeet:bowdown:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a mechanic at a mazda dealer, I'm near toronto

Fc's are efi to begin with, if it doesn't run properly ita because of the 20 yr old harness believe me I've had 3 of them and done everything from a 6 port turbo to rebuilding a jdm turbo2 motor running a haltech, if it doesn't run right it's not worth it

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Hello fellow 2IS owner...got a 350 myself.

So what motor exactly had that 75 shot on it and was the motor stock and how long did that setup last? Tuned?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 96 with the y7,y8 intake manifold, ebay header, obd-1 chipped/converted,D15B LSD trans, exhaust, 1 stg colder plugs I tuned it abit but it definately wasnt a nitrous tune by any means the car was quick haning with B16's no problem

Ran a ZEX nitrous kit the one where it bumps up your fuel pressure to compensate for the Nitrous really nice simple kit

motor didn't start getting sprayed till it was about 230,000 km's old and finally died at 280,000, it died randomly as well a downshift for a red light on christmas eve and boom!

Wish I got a 350 but im all about the right price and no im not Asian lmao

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Put an izuzu badge on the el :)

Ignore what ^ this guy said, hahaha it's a good looking toyota. What wheels are on in the second picture you showed ? The black ones.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Scott53092 Come to Toronto and I'll straight trade the front end lol I really don't like it at all the more i look at it ew and chances are if you find one in the yard its been raped the clusters are different, they come with a near black interior, climate control is all different the premiums come with CTR style folding mirrors etc lots of little things

I'll snap a pic of the bay but its identical to a stock SI with a different Valve cover that says "1.6 VTEC"

I'd love to paint the car Black as its had a really shitty respray, but in all honesty I just want to have a quick beater that I can do some time attack in and not be scared to scratch the paint when i go off the track lol

same as the white ones lol They were originally Black then got bored and painted them white. Varrstoen 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 235/40 and 255/40 :)

Picked up a some toyo RA1's mounted on LS meshies for the track and some S5 rx7 turbo Injectors (550) that im going to make work. and a Stock Rx7 recirc valve (No blow off valve here)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts