Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic Si
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Well, I am back after a while. I did have a 95 CX Hatch a few years ago that I posted about but that car fizzled out pretty quickly and I sent it to scrap and just focused on my Mazda MX-6 which also went to scrap early last year. I got stuck with a 99 Jimmy Envoy which I hate, so I am back in the Honda game with a 1998 Civic Si.

As far as I am aware it has a swapped motor, because didn't the 98 Si come with a D16Y8? This motor is stamped D15B. I have some reading to do. Either way, Hello again.

It's pretty much stock except for a short ram intake and a muffler delete. More than likely I will molest this car, as I did with every other car I have owned >:)

I cannot post any photos yet, so I'll just add them to this thread later.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
Welcome back, need pics haha but yeah maybe try upload pics with imgur?

Pretty sure that Ek Si come in with B16a2 not D16y8 or am I wrong? :thinking: lol

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Welcome back, need pics haha but yeah maybe try upload pics with imgur?

Pretty sure that Ek Si come in with B16a2 not D16y8 or am I wrong? :thinking: lol
He's in Canada and from what I remember FarmerD saying is that the CDM Si is d16y8 and the SiR is the b16a2.

And look at all that rusty stuff under the hood :barf: lol.

·
Registered
98 Civic Si
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, give me a break... I haven't even owned it a week yet :p lol TLC first and then I'll make it less of an eye sore hahaha.

From what I have been reading, the D15B uses specific parts from different engines, I found a thread on here that explains the motor so I won't bombard anyone with questions unless something just doesn't make sense.

I don't have many photos of it yet, but here are a few ...

Pretty sure this car has had a Maaco paint job at some point... It needs some attention in some spots and even though I checked the past history of this car, no accidents were reported but someone or something made contact with the passenger rear at one point. lol. I am picking up replacement panels for it this weekend anyway.

I am a female by the way, call me Amanda, Mandu, noob with boobs, doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
98 Civic Si
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like that motor, makes good power for a D. What're your plans?
Well, I am trying to keep it as fuel efficient as possible for now at least.. but in a nut shell, some extra pep under the hood but still fun to drive down back, country roads and the occasional weekend track day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts