Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Well guys I've been away awhile busy with life but now I'm looking to be active here again. I got tired of daily driving the hatch being how low it is, and always worrying about it. So I went out and searched for a daily. I knew what I wanted. A clean title, clean body, lower mileage, pre face lift ex sedan. After months of searching I found one for a decent price and picked it up. Car has 16xxxx miles and is completely bone stock, fully loaded, full car history, and everything works. Only cons is scratched rear bumper, clearcoat fade on roof and trunk. Also has stripped oil ppan from previous owner.

Plans for the car are simple, stay on a strict budget, keep it somewhat comfortable, keep it practicle, and most of all make sure it's fun to drive. This is the longest I've ever driven a stock car as I've had it ~5 months and I must say it is boring as hell to drive, so I've purchased a few things to change that, but I will save that for the next
post.

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Then my first mods were installing a Bluetooth head unit, blox 490 shift knob, led cluster lights, dome lights, and reverse lights. Also bought some ek4 SiR power adjustable headlights im currently retrofitting with morimoto mini h1 projectors. The housing cracked while removing bolts out of tabs but nothing jb weld cant fix.

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
As of right now, besides the knob and headunit, the car remains stock. I have a ton of parts currently waiting to go on the car listed below:
*Function & Form Type 1 coilovers
*Red/Clear Taillights
*NRG wood grain steering wheel
*EK4 SiR power adjustable headlights with projector retrofit
*SiR front lip
*Clear foglights
*OEM BNIB Hood bra
*OEM BNIB Mudguards
*OEM BNIB Floor Mats
*Energy suspension motor mount inserts and shifter bushings

And i have already done a few things to the car:
*Blox shiftknob
*Pioneer Head unit
*LED conversion
*Brake pads and rotors
*idler pulley and belts

Future plans for the car:
*GSR Blades
*Integra rear sway bar
*Go-Autoworks dc2 CAI
*Replace Oil Pan
*Plastidip roof to cover oxidation
*Replace rear bumper cover with facelift 99-00 version with 99-00 mudguards
*Replace trunk lid with non oxidized lid
*Power folding mirrors
*Rear fog light inner taillight pieces
*GSR leather grey seats
*Clear sidemarkers
*Antenna delete
*Rain visors
*Air bag delete tray

Well that is my new car, and the plans for it. Im basically looking to go oem+. There is a slight problem with the car as of now though, the motor has a slight knocking noise from 25-3500k rpm under partial throttle in 1-3 gear only and revved at idle. It sounds like its coming from the head and ive driven it like this pretty much since ive got it. I need to pull the valve cover and adjust valves and inspect rocker arms as im pretty sure the adjustment has never been done. Looked through all my receipts for the car and never saw it documented. Hopefully that helps, im praying its not a spun rod bearing, but my cd5 also has had the same noise the 4 years ive owned it, so i have no idea. and to end the first part of the thread a pic of all the hondas in my household.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very nice. My buddy just bought his first Honda. 99 LX
It was about 5 days I think before we installed a Y8 head I had laying around.
He loves it.
Lookin good. Will be a nice daily.

Any plans for some wheel gap delete?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Sweet, nice little four door. The lights look nice.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Nice sedan, I own a black 99 ex sedan white wheels and my girlfriend ones a 98 lx sedan with white wheels lol (my old white hx wheels). You know what would make it fun to drive..... a turbo ;)

1 - 20 of 202 Posts