Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill order them 2morrow night...

i need 2 kno wut kinda spark plugs i should use...
ive done my research i just wana make sure...

need 2 figure out wut MAP Sensor ima run...

Vacuum Manifold?

has ne 1 used total seal piston rings?

im aim'n 4 450+ ish.. fully built.. stock sleeves.. ram horn, tial50mmbov, hks 40mm wastegate, 3 in downpipe.....brand new 60-1 stage 3 wheel, .63 ar, built head pnp'd oversized intake valves crower stage3 turbo cam, cp pistons 75mm, golden eagle block guard, crower rods, king bearings, total seal piston rings..toga hv oil pump, moroso oil pan..

im 2 tired 2 remember ne thing.. if im forgetting something lemme kno..

idk if u wana post pics.. its just parts sitting in my room unassembled still.. waiting on my crankshaft 2 get here (on its way from South Carolina n than needs 2 get micropolished)..

btw looking 4 itr 23T brake caliper brackets or Crx Rear Sway Bar Brackets 4 a DX

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
NGK BKR7e11 plugs
Vacuum manifolds are a +
never used total seal piston rings
60-1, you'll have to rev the crap out of it, did you get springs ad retainers?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Total seal = waste of $$$ IMO.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hastings rings ..proven to 450whp on Vitaras.
Theyre Chromoly rings too so theyre pretty strong.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thats wut my turbo looks like.. straight from horsepowerfreaks.com brand new never used yet!

yes i did order crower springs n retainers...

in a fully built Y8.. so i think ima b good..

n i need the vacuume manifold b/c of my custom intake manifold i own...

n a map sensor?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ran NGK R5671A-9 [8, 9, 10's depending on what heat range you wanted] which were highly recommended by a guy on turbod16 who had a 418whp turbo'd and n02'd d16. I liked those plugs alot, gapped at .030", never had any problems with blowing out spark or preignition.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was suggested NGK BKR7E 6097 by my local tuner. Got em gapped at .28 and they have been running great for me. I have a similar sized turbo, t3t04e .60/.63 with a stg 3 wheel and I get full boost around 4k. As far as gap less rings, I agree that they arent worth the hassle/money. Id get a 3bar map sensor (msd, gm,etc) and you should be set for your hp goals.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thnx 4 the help, i was just thinking about the plugs..

wouldnt i want the plug 2 sit a lil higher inthe combustion chamber so they wouldnt get trashed in mad exploions?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
ill order them 2morrow night...

i need 2 kno wut kinda spark plugs i should use...
ive done my research i just wana make sure...

need 2 figure out wut MAP Sensor ima run...

Vacuum Manifold?

has ne 1 used total seal piston rings?

im aim'n 4 450+ ish.. fully built.. stock sleeves.. ram horn, tial50mmbov, hks 40mm wastegate, 3 in downpipe.....brand new 60-1 stage 3 wheel, .63 ar, built head pnp'd oversized intake valves crower stage3 turbo cam, cp pistons 75mm, golden eagle block guard, crower rods, king bearings, total seal piston rings..toga hv oil pump, moroso oil pan..

im 2 tired 2 remember ne thing.. if im forgetting something lemme kno..

idk if u wana post pics.. its just parts sitting in my room unassembled still.. waiting on my crankshaft 2 get here (on its way from South Carolina n than needs 2 get micropolished)..

btw looking 4 itr 23T brake caliper brackets or Crx Rear Sway Bar Brackets 4 a DX
no habla txt.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
no habla txt.
o gosh plz dont start 2 MistaBONEZ...

i just got harassed on H-T 4 it...

^*translation*^

oh gosh please don't start as well MrBonez.

i had just gotten harassed on H-T because of not talking in complete sentences and full words...

and by the way does it really matter? can u really not understand what i am typing?

i don't think you cant comprehend what i am trying to convey

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
It really is much easier to comprehend when it's typed correctly. You don't have to stop mid sentence and stumble over a half spelled or "abreviated text message" styled word.
(It's one of those thigs that urks me, I just never say anything about it)

·
Registered
137 Posts
It really is much easier to comprehend when it's typed correctly. You don't have to stop mid sentence and stumble over a half spelled or "abreviated text message" styled word.
(It's one of those thigs that urks me, I just never say anything about it)
LoL it is a bad habit

Anyways, piston ring question seeing it was raised earlier in the topic, rings should be choses based on the cyclinder wall finish, how coarse or fine it is with the use of that roughness detectionion thing that engine machnist use after honing a block (race stuff more or so).

But what i want to know is, what type of rings do the motors come with because that material shud be the one you stick with as it will break in and seal better. This is just what i know it as but wanted some clarification on this.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
3 bar motorola map sensor if you can solder or know someone who can or motorola 2.5 bar map sesnor if you think you can meet your hp goals with 21 psi which i doubt.I use them sell them and swear by them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
3 bar motorola map sensor if you can solder or know someone who can or motorola 2.5 bar map sesnor if you think you can meet your hp goals with 21 psi which i doubt.I use them sell them and swear by them.

You mean GM?

http://www.phearable.net/mapsensors.html

And soldering isnt hard just a few steps...

1. Butt the wires togeather and twist them tight.
2. Heat the solder iron/gun
3. Tin the solder iron/gun (melt solder on the entire tip)
4. Heat the piece of wire to be soldered from the middle
5. Place the solder on top of the heated wire sandwiching the wire between the solder and the iron/gun
6. When it begins to flow run it along the entire joint

Thats about it, then wrap it or if you're gonna shrink wrap it then make sure to put that on first.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Motorola does make a 3 bar. Its about the size of a pinky nail. Real tiny and would be a bitch to solder. Or he can buy Xenocrons pre-soldered kit if he chooses the motorola. http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/xenocron-30-40-bar-p-216.html

You mean GM?

http://www.phearable.net/mapsensors.html

And soldering isnt hard just a few steps...

1. Butt the wires togeather and twist them tight.
2. Heat the solder iron/gun
3. Tin the solder iron/gun (melt solder on the entire tip)
4. Heat the piece of wire to be soldered from the middle
5. Place the solder on top of the heated wire sandwiching the wire between the solder and the iron/gun
6. When it begins to flow run it along the entire joint

Thats about it, then wrap it or if you're gonna shrink wrap it then make sure to put that on first.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The motorola map sensors are better in my opinion because they have the ability to read lower vaccum levels better so idle resolution is better.

You could easily buy one unsoldered and take it to a tv repair shop and have them solder 3 wires do it for less then 45.Thats what I do and the shop down the street charges me 5 dollars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts