Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the civic out a lil while ago to break it in a bit since I finally got my tag and tires, the round trip was about 5 miles and the temp guage never moved.
I also have a check engine light on

Im wondering if Im just paranoid about the temp guage or if I should look into the issue. any help would be nice:bigok:

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
a bit of both...my shit never runs hot, but im always worried that it is and my gauge is bust....let it idle for a while and see if it changes..

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a bit of both...my shit never runs hot, but im always worried that it is and my gauge is bust....let it idle for a while and see if it changes..
well I mean I kinda got on it a few times and thought the trip woulda heated it up enough to move the needle. tomorrow when the sun is up and it isnt raining Ill be sure to do that. I had a guy in a clean ek civic give me a thumbs up, I felt good

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
:)
Its always nice when others appreciate yer stuff.
depending on how long is sat, 5 miles might not have been enough...

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)
Its always nice when others appreciate yer stuff.
depending on how long is sat, 5 miles might not have been enough...
lol, espcially when its stock with a 4 inch ricer tip tucked under the rear bumper lol. I like having the power kick in after 3 k lol

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it should have moved a little bit at least. check the cel.
exactly how do I check the cel? pics would be VERY helpful here.

also I noticed when I let off the throttle it dipped down a bit

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
to check the cel, you can goto an automotive store and they'll do it for free, or you can jump the wire harness and count the blinks

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
yeah, go to O'riellys and use their diagnostic tool...fo free!
just not in cali..:(

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
just jump the scs with a paper clip.

2p blue connector, pass side kick panel.

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, I looked at the temp sensor, the plug to it is broken and will not stay connected to it, anybody have any ideas on how to rig it together?

I was thinking:
1)solder wire to the sensor
2) alligator clips on the sensor and wire

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
ok, I looked at the temp sensor, the plug to it is broken and will not stay connected to it, anybody have any ideas on how to rig it together?

I was thinking:
1)solder wire to the sensor
2) alligator clips on the sensor and wire
Buy new sensor, have correct, good connection. Its not that expensive man, on a engine your breaking in, I especially would just get a new temp sensor, just for ease of mind my solder job isnt adding resistance to the cricuit giving me an increased innacurate reading. Just buy it man!

also, when breaking it in, i would be sure to drive it until it is warm and then some at least! you car needs the heat for correct metal expansion and oil clearances, and thats critical, especially for proper break in.

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buy new sensor, have correct, good connection. Its not that expensive man, on a engine your breaking in, I especially would just get a new temp sensor, just for ease of mind my solder job isnt adding resistance to the cricuit giving me an increased innacurate reading. Just buy it man!

also, when breaking it in, i would be sure to drive it until it is warm and then some at least! you car needs the heat for correct metal expansion and oil clearances, and thats critical, especially for proper break in.
whats the sense in buying a new sensor when the plug is broken?

·
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my bad, buy a new plug/connector then
ok, lets say Im broke until payday and I have to use this car to get to work daily. how do I rig it up to work for 5 days.....c'mon now, I know the logical thing to do would to buy new but I got no money, I need ghetto engineering that works

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
clean up the conection and solder it up for the few days..as a "temporary" fix...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts