Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new z6's crank pulley has an aprox. 1.5" long, cracked off hunk of metal. Its a piece of the outermost lip.

I have access to another z6 crank pulley in an eh9, they're both the three tier piece.

If I get some metal welded on in the place where the cracked off bit is, could I bring both pulleys to a machine shop to have the broken one balance-matched?

someone tell me if this is dumb before I waste the time and moneys, these aren't terribly difficult to find

I figure its smart, but I'm a noob at balancing engines.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Not worth the money for the repair. Also why risk a motor for such a cheap part. Just snag another one.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My other options:
$120+shipping for a brand new old stock unit

$50ish for one off eBay or if some kind soul here wants to sell me one of theirs.

Finally, if someone feels sorry for me and sends me one for free and buys me a Porsche 911 turbo while they're at it

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Added note: I need the oil pan welded cuz the junk yard is too fuckin lazy to unscrew the oil drain bolts!

I am considering the $100ish for an oil pan but.. If I need two things welded I will get two things welded yakno?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EW! OEM or nothin man, id rather pay twice as much for a shiny Honda unit lol. And I'm not a person who thinks OEM shit is "all that" all the time, there's only a few instances I would prefer their stuff.

I think I could get an oil pan from advanced for like 60 and change cuz 30% off

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you suppose makes it better? I was looking up info about em earlier when I was thinking about it, and I read that several people agree with you.

But I never found a reason behind it. Dunno

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.