Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i pretty much fixed the cam timing where i advanced it 6 Deg. I got 1000 cc injectors and a p28 chipped and tuned on chrome. The problem i am having is i had to completely advance my dizzy beyong, mounting points for it to be dead on with the timing light. Now what should my BTDC at? The car like to idle at around 1-1.2 if under that it gets boggy. My ignition advance was at around 28-29 at idle at running temperature. The only way to get the timing light spot on like i said was to advance the piss out of it which isnt normal. Again i have no check engine light. what should my BTDC be at around 1k rpms, and what can i try to get a solution. It's frustrating, to get this thing to idle and get peppy. Off the record, the previous owner said, that the motor was blown, exacly i don't know what happened, before i purchased the motor. I read on a previous post, milling the head too much, can mess around your ignition timing. BTW cam's were dead on with pin to be safe, and tdc mark was also correct. Help me out, going crazy!

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Ok well, is your tune setup for 1000cc injectors?
Has your injector battery offset been set properly?

What motor? Will change your idle timing. Z6 is 16* BTDC Y8 is 12* BTDC

Sounds like your mechanical timing is off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a dohc zc sorry. and im not too sure about the battery offset, not too sure what that is, but if their ohming correctly then yes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and yes, on chrome you can choose preciions 1000cc's and thats what its been set too. my timing belt is on point, double check 3 times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts