Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a y7 z6 mini me. i set the timing on the timing belt right. when i use the timing light the pointer points to the white line not the red. the car doesnt want to accelerate and idles very rough. turned the dizzy all the way towards the firewall already. using a p06 chipped with crome. can the ecu be making the timing off?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and my cluster doesnt have the rpm. when i i hold the gas it redlines when i didnt put a revlimiter until 9200 and then it backfires

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty sure i put the timing belt right.7 o clock on the arrow and the white mark lines up with the point and the bottom gear mark lines up with the arrow

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah when it idles the tdc mark is where the pointer is. so its probably the timing then? ill change it again. i redid the timing about 3 times and still the same. but ill try again this weekend.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright i got the ignition timing right and crank timing right. it still idles rough and shaky. it back fires with a fireball. it doesnt seem to rev all the way to redline. i dont know what else can be wrong with it? can the basemap be screwed?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
could be a basemap problem or it could be a timing problem, what timing are you using, if it is the stock y7 that could cause it, you need to adjust for the timing the head and the bump in compression. stock the timing on the y7 is 14*, you will prob wanna run your timing in the neighborhood of 16*

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im using the stock y7 timing. wat do u mean 14* and 16*. i just lined everything up with TDC and the 7 o' clock mark. I ordered a basemap from xenocron and i hope that fixes it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
by 14* i mean 14 degree's Before Top Dead Center (BTDC) and 16 degree's BTDC, that is what the stock timing is on the y7 and the y8, i believe the stock timing on a z6 is 16.5* BTDC. follow this guide loosely here it give s you a generaly idea of what you should be doing

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was using the 14* timing. ill try the 16* timing. but i cant rotate my dizzy anymore.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
then your timing belt is off, because my dizzy is at the stock 14* and i have all kinds of adjustment left, check your timing belt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts