Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a play round with uber and crome at the moment just working out what everything does, and how to do things. I am eventually going to change my Y7 to run obd1. Now, ive not got anything extreme, just gonna have a inlet mani, delta 272, header and exhaust with no cat.

I know its the P06 ECU thats the best to use for the no vtec. I have read up about stuff, and have been told that the changes that need to be done to a P06 basmeap, like the bins that come with uber, are that a bit more fuel needs to be added, and some ignition timing needs to be cut down.

Could someone tell me how to judge where i would need to change these to? Ideally id like a basemap i could get my car up and running with fairly well, and can then get on the case of getting it tuned properly, and changing things about from there by monitoring the wideband O2 i should have in place.

Some one please help a confused man wanting to tune!

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Ultimately, you wan't take it to the dyno, or get a wideband o2. It would be impossibe to say what changes need to be made on a p06 for your setup. N/A, at WOT you wan't your A/F ratio to be about 13.1-13.5. What makes more power on the dyno is what your aiming for. Timing: increase timing until you stop making torque.

give me rep now.............

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh i will be dynoing it, but i just want a map thats going to be able to have my car running so i can get it there. lol!

Although i think i may be giving up on writing it myself at the moment and just try and get one written by the guy i was going to buy the ECU and chip from, he said he would do it to whatever spec i wanted so i can get it running. But i must admit to wanting to know how to do it myself! haha

Anyway, thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ryan89crx said:
www.pgmfi.org

id love to help, but i dont know much about tuning n/a motors, sorry
Yeh ive been looking on there, seeing if i can get to grips with it. They really need an idiots guide to basic mapping! If i go and start changing all the values when im not that sure of what the outcome would be, i could end up with a 1:1 air/fuel ratio or something!

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
for a basemap? id use the stock po6 map to drive it to the dyno....

file>open>stockls.bin then from there import>import po6>po6-import-only.bin

then burn that shit onto a chip

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
In closed loop (less than 80% duty cycle) the o2 sensor trims the duty cycle to 14.7, so unless your at wot your going to have a a/f ratio of 14.7 no matter what. It sounds like your not going to take your car to a dyno and wan't a definite answer on how to exactly change the fuel and ign. maps for your setup, that IMPOSSIBLE (unless you could find someone with the exact same setup, even than I still would take it to the dyno or at least get a wbo2). It's not that easy. A WBO2 sensor needs to be hooked up to the car so you can see the a/f ratio and tune accordingly. For ref. it's about +8.6% correction to raise the a/f ratio 1.0 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts