Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic Si
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a search but didn't come up with a lot of helpful info. I am planning to do a ignition system tune up on my 91 Si (D16A6). The car is a daily driver and fairly stock (intake, exhaust, suspension goodies). I am planning to replace the cap, rotor, plugs and wires but since I am fairly new to the Honda world i am looking for any tips, suggestions or products i should avoid.

As of right now i am planning to use 8mm NGK wires, NGK plugs, not sure what my cap and rotor options are as of yet....

Rep for anyone and everyone who chimes in with some helpful tips.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
ngk wires and plugs. Honda oem cap and rotor

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
You should be just fine with the list you have. No need to buy an expensive cap if its got stock ignition you are set
Don

Reactions: Skilz10179

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm assuming i'll go with the regular v power spugs. What model plugs are you using, v power, platinum, double platinum, ect?
Just reg old standard ngk's. That's what I run in my turbo D (2 heat ranges colder of course for me :)) . Don't waste the money on platinum, v-power etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.