Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I left school tonight, my car started with no problem, drove fine. I got home turned the car off for a few minutes. When I went back outside and tried to start the car I got nothing. The power was good but no crank. I dont know much about cars right now, but my father knows a good amount so he came out and started the car under the hood with no problem. I think he said he took the ignition or something and bypassed it with a new wire and got it to start. Im not around him right now so when i know exactly what he did I will post it.
Has anyone else had this problem or know what it is? I was thinking the starter solenoid, but im not sure. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would be the problem? the starter? cause the starter still worked when he jumped it. has anyone heard of the "clutch neutral safety switch" going bad? or starter relay?

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked for the write up, it just said disconnect the clip from the switch and jump the wires together. I tried that and it still didnt start.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
seems like the starter to me... take a hammer and tap it.. then go and try to start it again

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would the starter still work from jumping the wires? my teacher said it sounds like ignition switch.

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i havent messed with it but ive only had the car for a month and a half. not sure about previous owner

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
i have exactly problem and i found out theres oil filled up in my spark 1-2 and i think thats cause my car wont start, or i might have bad igntior also

·
Registered
97 Civic EX
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well my car will still start and i can drive it. i just have to jump the starter.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts