Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my girlfriends car got stolen a a few months ago, the messed up her ignition lock when they stole it and i thought i had fixed it. It had been working just fine until a few weeks ago when it started to stick and it became hard to get the key out sometimes. Well yesterday it stopped working all together the key wont turn at all now. So i ordered a new ignition lock, but i cant figure out how to get the old one out, can someone please help me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but i really need something that can tell me how to get the ignition out

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
wait, did you buy an ignition switch assembly or just the tumbler? what inh is refering to is the tumber.

to pull the ignition switch assembly, you will need to tap out the shear bolts. once its out, the switch assembly can be removed. depending on the year, you might have to pull the steering column to get access to the shear bolts.

if its just the tumber, follow inh's DIY thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90362

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its just the tumbler, i can't get the old one out if the ignition

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i already bought the tumbler, i just really need some help gettin mine out

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so still could'nt get the fuckin thing out i found the pin that needs to be pushed in, i read that they key needs to also be in the on position, i also read that you can drill it out if you cant turn the key, how would i go about doin that. Just take a huge drill and drill it until it turns?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So figured it out, Fuckin drilled that shit out, metal shavings everywhere, but now i have a new ignition. THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
a similar thing happened to me about a month ago, but it was my homeboy who was twisting and turning my wheel. long story short i had to open the steering column and remove the ignition completely which should pop right out after u remove the bolt from around the wheel column, i then continued to inspect the locked ignition and tap on the lock a little as i applied the fluid used for ignition sticks and shizz, i ended up putting it right back in and started it up further loosening it after 3 or 4 tries it was completely unstuck and im good. just make sure u put everything back where and how u found it or it could spell trouble for u later. I experienced that as well, and in saying that there is a possibility u wasted some money that coulda been put to better use. Good luck!!

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
cool then, no harm, no foul, except the part where yer chicks ride was jacked thats never cool. keep d-series posted about your projects

1 - 17 of 17 Posts