Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi . my car is in garage now fitting on a t28 turbo . i was thinking my ignition is it suitable ? im using stock cap / dizzy etc. ( really dont know these technical terms ) . is it enough ? will be running 1 bar on stock internals . I notice over in the US u have these OEM coils that fit directly into the stock dizzy/cap ?? is that suitable ? over here all we have are MSD ignitions that cost like 500 bucks . no other brands i know of .

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
im not much of a fan of msd ignition systems.. i now use my stock ignition system with all honda parts and the car has never run better..

like the guy said above look into 2 step colder plugs and dont forget to gap them alot tighter than the stock spec.. i gap mine to .028"

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i'm with them. stock honda ignition is the best way to go. get 2 step colder plugs and you'll be perfectly fine!

R

·
0 Posts
Ran 2 step colder plugs on mine and stock ignation at 10psi and everything was perfect

·
Registered
338 Posts
Im using an MSD 6AL box with MSD Cap, MSD wires (might to to NGK), MSD Blaster SS coil, and New OEM Rotor. I'll probably go to an MSD rotor cause they are so cheap, but OEM rotor works fine.. just get a new one.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
unless you are running more than say 25psi you will be more than fine. i just cranked mine up to 15psi and everythings ok:beer:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Honda ignition is the best IMO.. Just do all the retarding w/ tuning :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks . will have to get an OEM set then . mine is just too old i got a phobia of it failing suddenly . BTW what do you mean by colder plugs ? the IK rating ?? lower IK means colder ? how cold should i go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts